Highlighted

CONTENTS OF CELL ONLY DISPLAYING 50%

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am drafting up a new webpage and have inserted a form from MachForm.   These forms have worked for me before without any problems on other websites created in both Frontpage and Dreamweaver however on this particular site when I insert the form then view in browser only half the form displays as if the cell is not opening up completely.

The form is contained within a table/cell.  I have increased the height of the cell to accommodate the form (but have never had to do that previously for it to display correctly) but that does not seem to work either.  If I click into any of the fields of the form that are displaying then tab through the fields the form then will displays completely.

I have viewed the page in IE, Safari, Firefox and MS Edge all to the same affect.  I have also had a 3rd party view the webpage and they see the same as I do, half a form.

A link to the draft webpage is:  Untitled Document 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am totally blind on this one.

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Hampo

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by BenPleysier | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Graham,

There are a number of errors in your document. To illustrate, have a look at Showing results for http://www.australianartilleryassociation.com/australian_artillery_association/membership_test.html …

As a priority you will need to fix the errors from #50 through to #56. Most likely, that will fix the problem.

Having said that, the use of tables for your layout is frowned upon especially when using an HTML5 DOCTYPE. Back in the days of Frontpage, this was the norm, but webdesign has moved on significantly since then. I notice that you are a client of PVII, you may want to have a look at Responsive CSS Layout Builder for Dreamweaver. Alternatively, you could have a look at using Bootstrap, but this will be a lot harder if you are a non-coder.

Ben

Mt Eliza VIC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CONTENTS OF CELL ONLY DISPLAYING 50%

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am drafting up a new webpage and have inserted a form from MachForm.   These forms have worked for me before without any problems on other websites created in both Frontpage and Dreamweaver however on this particular site when I insert the form then view in browser only half the form displays as if the cell is not opening up completely.

The form is contained within a table/cell.  I have increased the height of the cell to accommodate the form (but have never had to do that previously for it to display correctly) but that does not seem to work either.  If I click into any of the fields of the form that are displaying then tab through the fields the form then will displays completely.

I have viewed the page in IE, Safari, Firefox and MS Edge all to the same affect.  I have also had a 3rd party view the webpage and they see the same as I do, half a form.

A link to the draft webpage is:  Untitled Document 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am totally blind on this one.

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Hampo

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by BenPleysier | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Graham,

There are a number of errors in your document. To illustrate, have a look at Showing results for http://www.australianartilleryassociation.com/australian_artillery_association/membership_test.html …

As a priority you will need to fix the errors from #50 through to #56. Most likely, that will fix the problem.

Having said that, the use of tables for your layout is frowned upon especially when using an HTML5 DOCTYPE. Back in the days of Frontpage, this was the norm, but webdesign has moved on significantly since then. I notice that you are a client of PVII, you may want to have a look at Responsive CSS Layout Builder for Dreamweaver. Alternatively, you could have a look at using Bootstrap, but this will be a lot harder if you are a non-coder.

Ben

Mt Eliza VIC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 14, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Graham,

There are a number of errors in your document. To illustrate, have a look at Showing results for http://www.australianartilleryassociation.com/australian_artillery_association/m...

Ben

Mt Eliza VIC

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2018 0
Hampo LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

Many thanks for responding.   Being a long term Frontpage user and having only converted over to Dreamweaver about 2 years ago I am still learning the differences in particular the "no tables" (I will miss them though) you make mention of.  I have PVII Harmony Page Builder and will now head on down that road from here on in.

Again many thanks for responding it is sincerely and greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Ubique

Graham

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2018 0