• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted help menu

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When F1 is pressed I got message "Unable to display help. Connect to the internet...".

Direct access to the help URL works properly. Turning off Kaspersky Internet Security doesn't solve this problem. All FTP connections works properly. Access to the help form Photoshop, Animate etc works as well.

Moreover, when I configure offline help to use instead, it also doesn't work. I'm using Windows 10 Pro but configuration guide stops at Windows 8. It could be the reason maybe.

Another surprising behaviour appears when I click Help / Dreamweaver Tutorial or other options. They are opened perfectly but... in Internet Explorer! My default browser is Microsoft Edge. When I use any other Adobe application, all links form Help menu open with Edge, not IE ! 

What should I do to fix help menu?

Regards,

Marek

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

You can check if Windows Firewall is blocking DW help?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F1 does not work at all for me. Never tried it before because the online help is all I need. Go to Adobe Dreamweaver Learn & Support and see for yourself.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

F1 should just open what you are using 🙂

F1 should open online help by default but it doesn't because of failure.

BTW, in my opinion pressing F1 is quicker than opening browser and then choosing URL from favourites etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Submit a feature request

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless it's a local fault ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F1 in DW brings me to this page.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Response of my DW after pressing F1 is:

2017-12-07_203339.png

This is why I didn't decide to submit a bug. It seems to be a problem with my local installation.  I tried to unistall and install again DW but it didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What is the Dreamweaver version are you using?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have no choice - everything updates automatically. Current public version is 18.0 build 10136

Regards,

Marek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can check if Windows Firewall is blocking DW help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done test on freshly installed Windows 10 with no other software installed. Result the same.

The reason was ... a language. This help not working for English-International. If DW was uninstalled, language changed to US English under CC preferences and DW installed again - it works perfectly.

When operation was repeated agan for English - International - it stops working. So, now I'm sure that was the reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, just with the 'Dreamweaver Help F1' menu item (all other Help menu items work and open new tabs in Chrome). Running Windows 10, same Dreamweaver version, 18.0 build 10136. I made sure the CC Preferences: Apps had Language set to English (North America), not English International. That didn't help. I didn't see where/how to change the language to US English. I even uninstalled and reinstalled Dreamweaver CC and never saw a language prompt. Can you be more specific about where this setting is done ?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will never see language prompts. The only way to decide about DW language is just set it in the CC Preferences and then install DW (again). If you already did it, try to stop your antivirus software. Sometimes (even quite often) it could be a second reason of the same problem. If it does not help, I have no more ideas.For me, reinstallation DW with proper language solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines