• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coursebuilder for Dreamweaver CC

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always used coursebuilder in dreamweaver to create quizzes.  I recently upgraded to dreamweaver cc and cannot find the coursebuilder extension. Is it still available for this version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  The stand alone CourseBuilder extension was discontinued quite a while ago.  In 2012 Adobe released  eLearning Suite 6 which has since been replaced with  Adobe Captivate 9 and Adobe Connect both of which are separate from the Creative Cloud offerings.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an extension or another program that I can use that does the same thing?  I just purchased the entire creative cloud suite.  I need to be able to open old coursebuilder files and edit them if necessary as well as create new quizzes.  Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate is the only one I know of.  But I could be wrong since I've never used  CourseBuilder or e-Learning suite.    I'm sure the Captivate experts could better answer this.   Would you like me to move this question to the Captivate forum for you?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rosacooke84  wrote

Is there an extension or another program that I can use that does the same thing?  I just purchased the entire creative cloud suite.  I need to be able to open old coursebuilder files and edit them if necessary as well as create new quizzes.  Any help would be appreciated.

Nothing will open old CourseBuilder stuff. Captivate is definitely the way to go although it means rebuilding old projects done with CourseBuilder. But you will be glad you did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well without arguing... I wont use the word of 'definitly'... I was during so many years involved in Captivate... but one by one all my clients went away of this tool... they change for proprietary solution or often the Articulate alternative...

one of the bigger(s) problem(s) was Flash embeded... (poor HTML export) , worth... the manifest.xml was always causing trouble depending on the LMS used to integrate in a real life Scorm standard ... and so on...

after that I moved from Captivate just before truning the v9

so if you have some clue about it, I will be very open to change my mind on that point

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captivate has changed almost to a whole new product in the last couple versions. It doesn't even look the same as it used to. I can't say if it is rebuilt from the ground up but it is nothing like it used to be. Especially for responsive content.

I can say it is 'definitely' better than CourseBuilder. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Course Builder goes way back to the Macromedia days. Long discontinued probably a decade ago.  You can try this but doubt it will even work on modern computers.

Amazon.com: CourseBuilder for Dreamweaver

You will likely need a version of DW just as old to run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines