• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been working all morning with no problems, now Dreamweaver crashes 2 minutes after opening.  I have tried now on two computers, both upgraded to the 2020 version recently but I have no trouble until just this morning.  No other updates on either machine.  In fact, I hadn't used on laptop for days and then tried when Desktop started crashing and then same issue on laptop.

I am on Windows.  I am at a complete loss. Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

I never figure out the issue, but just retyped the file and saved over it and it appears to be working now.

Not a "Correct Answer," but for me, "Case Closed."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with all sites and all files or just certain ones?

Check your crash logs in Windows Event Viewer.  What is the faulting module that is causing DW to crash? 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I check the logs?

I think it is happening on one file when I type <?php

Then it crashes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this link:

https://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-10/how-to-use-event-viewer-in-windows-10...

If you're working with PHP files, which local testing server have you installed?

Which version of PHP are you using?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are unable to recreate the crash internally with the mentioned steps. Hence could you please help us with the below details for recreating and investigating the issue accordingly.

1. As per Nancy's comment, if you're working with PHP files, which local testing server have you installed?.
  2. Which version of PHP are you using ?. PHP version of the file and in Site Setup-->Advanced settings-->PHP section.
  3. As you said, crash is seen on typing <?php in a specific file. If possible can you please share the file with us for recreating the issue internally and accordingly investigate the crash. This is for investigation purpose only since the crash is file specific.
  4. Is the crash consistently reproducible with the php file. Is the crash seen when you are not connected to testing server.
  5. Machine and OS details

Looking forward for your response on the above.

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I had to get this back working, I created a new file and retyped everything and saved over the file.

It seems to be working now.

I did submit about 10 crash reports to Adobe - the pop-up appeared every time it happened.

I included my email, so if they want to reach out for more info they can.

Thanks for everyone willing to help! 

Just became more important to fix the issue then figure out exactly what the issue was....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never figure out the issue, but just retyped the file and saved over it and it appears to be working now.

Not a "Correct Answer," but for me, "Case Closed."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reverting. Glad to hear you are not facing this issue now. Please let us know if you encounter the issue in future. It would be great if you can provide a screen recording illustrating the issue and share the testfile with us. This will help us in recreating the issue internally and investigate accordingly.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved over the file, so it may be tough for me to recover.  

I did submit a crash to Adobe using the pop-up that appeared.  Are you able to use that to track down info?

I included my email (same as for this account)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We are able to track the submitted crash but with the notes mentioned in the crash, we are unable to recreate this issue internally. Hence it would be great if you can provide a screen recording illustrating the issue and the testfile if in case you face the issue again.

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines