• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a dropshadow round documents and pictures?

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several years ago a created a webb-site with the aid of Dreamweaver 8. Since I couldn't use it together with win 10 I recently got Dreamweaver CC wich works almost identically. Back then I had some help with my creation and have built it larger by the years. Now I had to reconstruct the index-site and just like before I have a slider centered (by Wowslider) on the page but I just cannot recall how the dropshadow round the photos was made. Can anyone help me out??

Peter

petereversphotography.se

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Use css box-shadow on the image container......include the below in your css stylesheet:

.ws_images {

box-shadow: 10px 10px 10px #b3b3b3;

}

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use css box-shadow on the image container......include the below in your css stylesheet:

.ws_images {

box-shadow: 10px 10px 10px #b3b3b3;

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Osgood,

Thanks for your rapid answer.

I have added your text (although I have written10px 10px 5px #b4b4b4; because that's how the dropshadow is defined on other pages in my webb-site) to the bottom of my CSS-sheet, but nothing seems to happen. I have also tried to reload the actual pages without any changes to appear. What have I omitted or done wrong??

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.Daguerre  wrote

Hi Osgood,

Thanks for your rapid answer.

I have added your text (although I have written10px 10px 5px #b4b4b4; because that's how the dropshadow is defined on other pages in my webb-site) to the bottom of my CSS-sheet, but nothing seems to happen. I have also tried to reload the actual pages without any changes to appear. What have I omitted or done wrong??

Peter

Where do you want the drop shadow to appear, which page/pages?

I don't see that you have added the suggested css to the Peter Evers Foto.css file which is linked to the homepage???

As an aside note you should NOT use spaces in your filenames - its best practice to use - peter_evers_foto.css

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Osgood,

I want the dropshadow round the photos ("slides") in the opening page , that is the index-file.

No, you won't see the the suggested changes in the css-sheet simply because I havn't uploaded it, and the reason for that is that I can't get it to work on my computer and use the pre-view by pressing F12.

You're of course absolutely right about filenames and spacings. As a matter of fact I learned that several years ago and have praticed it until quite recently when somebody told me that you don't need to do that anymore. I'll correct that asap.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm..

That's funny. I've just checked the name of the actual file and it is written with underscores as it should!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.Daguerre  wrote

Hmm..

That's funny. I've just checked the name of the actual file and it is written with underscores as it should!?

Sorry youre right the file name does have underscores.........can you add the css I provided to that file and upload it to your server so I can see why the drop shadow may not be working. I suspect you have the file cached in your browser locally so you are seeing the version without the changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.Daguerre  wrote

Done!

Yes, its working fine for me, the drop shadow is visible - so if you are still not seeing it then empty your browsers cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!

I don't know how to empty my browsers cach, but I went to another computer and there it is.

Thanks for a super support!!

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most browsers will force a full gathering of all data if you use CTRL-F5 (Windows), or Cmd-Shift-R (Mac).

If you go into browser settings, there typically are controls for clearing the cache, but not all browsers have them.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Chorme has a very stubborn cache.  While testing changes, you must open the Developer Console (F12).  Click on Network & Disable Cache.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about Chrome, but in IE and FireFox once the F12 Dev Tools is closed it goes back to displaying the cached info.

Oh, wait.. that might be Compatibility View.  N/m..

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Chrome, you have to keep the Developer Console open.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the fun thing with support forums - you always learn something new! Unfortunately, at my age 71, you may regard an information as new albight you may have learned it not so long ago 😉

I have used F5 to update my browser wich, this time, didn't work, but CTRL-F5 did!

Thanks!

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines