• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create and use a template for an existing site

Participant ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After doing some maintenance on my site such as changing the Copyright date, I thought that there has to be a way of simplifying the process.

I have over 1,000 or so pages and so a template would be the most logical thing to use rather than going through all the pages and manually changing the date from 2018 to 2019.

So my question is this. How can I create and link to every single page a template for this purpose please? I am using Dreamweaver cc 2014 on an iMac.

Thanks for all your help and advice in 2018 and Happy New Year to you all!

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Did you try doing a global [entire current site] find/replace?

Open, say your index.html page--you only need open one page, any one will do--, highlight and copy the relevant portion of the copyright phrase, then Command-F to open the Find dialogue box. Select the Find/Replace option, and paste the clipboard text in the "replace" area. Edit that to change 2018 to 2019. Set the function to be applied to entire current site, and commit the action. That will permanently change each unopened page aut

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try doing a global [entire current site] find/replace?

Open, say your index.html page--you only need open one page, any one will do--, highlight and copy the relevant portion of the copyright phrase, then Command-F to open the Find dialogue box. Select the Find/Replace option, and paste the clipboard text in the "replace" area. Edit that to change 2018 to 2019. Set the function to be applied to entire current site, and commit the action. That will permanently change each unopened page automatically, but you will need to save the open document to commit the change.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, how simple was that!! I was expecting more, and no template required!

Thanks cdeatherage!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy New Year!

I use 1 line of PHP code to automatically change the year in my sitewide footers.   All the magic happens on the server.

<small>© <?php echo date("Y")?> all rights reserved.</small>

It goes without saying, your server must be able to parse PHP code.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines