• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Hot Spots in Emails

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I dropped an image into Dreamweaver from Photoshop, and I'm wanting to create HotSpots so that when customers click on certain images they are then taken to certain URLs. I built the image and input a link, however when I drop it into Salesforce Marketing Cloud's email studio it has the link for the entire image and not just the Hotspots. Anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong or links to resources regarding HotSpots? As you can probably tell I'm very new to this so any help is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image Maps are a bad idea for several reasons.  Mostly because they are not responsive. 

Image Map Support in HTML Email

If you must use image links, slice them up in Photoshop and save each graphic separately.  Don't forget to add ALT text to each image  for the email clients that suppress images for security reasons.

HTML E-Mail & Newsletter Blasts - https://alt-web.com/

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! As my focus is mainly around emails, I'll be properly using Dreamweaver and its functionalities as how they relate to Photoshop. I've been looking for some good Dreamweaver CC 2018 tutorials but haven't found any. Any thoughts or links that could point me in the right direction?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW is web page authoring software not email creation software.  Emails are nothing like modern web pages.

There are no tutorials I know of for creating Emails in DW CC.  You will need coding skills and a good understanding of what works and doesn't work in email clients like Outlook, Gmail, Windows Mail, etc....

Best advice:  Start with an industry tested, table-based  Email Template.  See link below.

Free Responsive Email Templates

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

during the beta prerelease, I've met a lot of person that use DW to build email news letter... I could dig the database for finding back those person, because I'm not personnaly involved in mail specification...

any way you can have some tutorial flying around...

let us know if such materials could fits your needs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines