• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 to virtual machine

Advocate ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As going to 64 bit, I got CS3 DW on Parallels, and I had a note, I installed from a good old CD copy I have an bought.

My notes said to turn off wifi, and don't activate.

Parallels being he had control of my screen, did not turn off wifi or he could not help me.

Anyway sure enough, I open DW in parallels, the serial number is up (which I entered, and they say I have 30 days left)..and to activate with internet connection.

What is going on? How does the dead hand of 15 year old software still come into mix. I  do Adobe updater come up at bottom.

My copy on my current Mac, not sure if I ever activated. thanks. Lost.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Yep, that's a long-winded version of what Nancy said.

There are no activation servers for CS3, so your disk version will never activate past the 30 days free trial.

You'll need to uninstall, then follow the info at the link Nancy gave, to get CS3 working beyond 30 days.

Basically, using your current valid activation info, Adobe gives you an offline activated version of the program to download, and an offline activation number. You use that downloaded version of the program, and new activation info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know we've been over this before.  CS3 activation servers were retired and taken offline.  Your CD software is totally useless.   You must obtain a new installer and serial number that does not require online activation.  And don't ever attempt to register your product because those servers are gone too.  For details, see the correct answer in the discussion below.

Re-activating CS3 (Updated)

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy I'm chatting right now in India and guy says:

dedicated team memebers

I am sorry to inform you that Adobe has disabled the activation server for Cs3 products, including Acrobat 8, because of a technical issue. These products were released more than 12years ago and do not run on many modern operating systems; Adobe no longer supports them. As the download servers of the product have been retired the download link of the product are unavailable.

The dedicated support is available at Adobe forums, kindly visit Adobe forums for the best help and solutions possible as we do have dedicated team memebers to help you out and kindly post your concern, so you will get a reply back within 24-48 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that's a long-winded version of what Nancy said.

There are no activation servers for CS3, so your disk version will never activate past the 30 days free trial.

You'll need to uninstall, then follow the info at the link Nancy gave, to get CS3 working beyond 30 days.

Basically, using your current valid activation info, Adobe gives you an offline activated version of the program to download, and an offline activation number. You use that downloaded version of the program, and new activation info instead of your current packaging and media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I called ADobe and they walked / took over my computer and did it all. Sadly, he accidentally also removed it from my main machine, but it is now working on the Virtual Machine, so hopefully I want have to pay them $250.00 year year after year.

Only use it occasionally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines