Highlighted

CS5 on High Sierra

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.  I am new to this forum so please be kind I have been using my Creative Suite (CS5) now for many happy years.  Just recently upgraded my Mac to High Sierra.  Now while PhotoShop seems to work fine I cannot connect to the internet to update my webpage with DreamWeaver.  The box opened with '..not optimised etc' then opened up my webpage and all so I could make changes, but when it came to connecting it just said there was a ftp error and my password and login was incorrect.  I haven't changed anything so unsure of what that means.  Either way I can't get my changes uploaded to the internet.

My Acrobat seems to work fine.

Any suggestions please and if I may request you don't get too technical on me as I am still an amateur

Thanks all, and I apologise if I have done something wrong here because I don't know my way around this forum and am a first-time user.  Be gentle

Patricia

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

Have you tried uploading with a dedicated FTP program like the free Filezilla Client?

If you can't upload with that, it would mean something has changed on the server and you'd need to contact your hosting company. If you can upload, at least your site can be updated while troubleshooting continues in DW.

CS5 was never designed to run on High Sierra. There have been many problems reported with that OS being used with legacy versions of DW.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CS5 on High Sierra

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.  I am new to this forum so please be kind I have been using my Creative Suite (CS5) now for many happy years.  Just recently upgraded my Mac to High Sierra.  Now while PhotoShop seems to work fine I cannot connect to the internet to update my webpage with DreamWeaver.  The box opened with '..not optimised etc' then opened up my webpage and all so I could make changes, but when it came to connecting it just said there was a ftp error and my password and login was incorrect.  I haven't changed anything so unsure of what that means.  Either way I can't get my changes uploaded to the internet.

My Acrobat seems to work fine.

Any suggestions please and if I may request you don't get too technical on me as I am still an amateur

Thanks all, and I apologise if I have done something wrong here because I don't know my way around this forum and am a first-time user.  Be gentle

Patricia

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

Have you tried uploading with a dedicated FTP program like the free Filezilla Client?

If you can't upload with that, it would mean something has changed on the server and you'd need to contact your hosting company. If you can upload, at least your site can be updated while troubleshooting continues in DW.

CS5 was never designed to run on High Sierra. There have been many problems reported with that OS being used with legacy versions of DW.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 29, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Cloud forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this John Waller hopefully I will find an answer here. Much appreciated

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jon, no I haven't only because I don't know a great deal about this and was taught on DW.  I think it might be best if I get the computer man to put my Mac back to the old OS, life was much more simple then

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2018 0