Highlighted

CS6 database, Bindings connection

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Having Issues with connecting to phpMyAdmin databases in CS6.  I am using an ioSafe 216 NAS that has php5.6, MariaDB 10, and phpMyAdmin that all run through a web station app.  The following are screen shot that show how i can connect to the databases with the IP of the NAS.   

webURLIP.pngconnectionSuccess.pngbindingsIPOnly.png

However i am not able to bind any of them to Dreamweaver. 

If I change the web url to include the port that MariaDB 10 is using I can get the check mark next to the setup test server to go away, but then I can not connect to the databases anymore.

webURLIP_Port.pngerrorOccurredIP_Port.pngbindingsIP_Port.png

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CS6 database, Bindings connection

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Having Issues with connecting to phpMyAdmin databases in CS6.  I am using an ioSafe 216 NAS that has php5.6, MariaDB 10, and phpMyAdmin that all run through a web station app.  The following are screen shot that show how i can connect to the databases with the IP of the NAS.   

webURLIP.pngconnectionSuccess.pngbindingsIPOnly.png

However i am not able to bind any of them to Dreamweaver. 

If I change the web url to include the port that MariaDB 10 is using I can get the check mark next to the setup test server to go away, but then I can not connect to the databases anymore.

webURLIP_Port.pngerrorOccurredIP_Port.pngbindingsIP_Port.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 04, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ebmRocksville  wrote

Hello,

Having Issues with connecting to phpMyAdmin databases in CS6.

Don't use the deprecated, outdated , non-secure Server-Behaviors Panels.  They were removed from DW CC for good reason.

See if you can connect to local database using MySQLi (improved).  Put the code below into a .php file and test it on your local server.

<?php

$con = mysqli_connect("localhost","username","password","database");

// Check connection

if (mysqli_connect_errno())

{

echo "Failed to connect to MySQL: " . mysqli_connect_error();

}

else echo "Successfully connected, happy coding!"

?>

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2018 2