Highlighted

CSS image won't show

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I have a problem with showing a image in css. As you can see in my css stylesheet I want to put a image on de background. Notice that al de rule-numbers of the images are red. So they won't show on my webpage. But if I hover over the css code he knows which image to use.

How can I solve this problem?

Schermafbeelding 2018-10-16 om 08.25.14.pngSchermafbeelding 2018-10-16 om 08.25.25.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by BenPleysier | Adobe Community Professional

File names should not contain an apostrophe as in Foto's.

Suggest that you remove the apostrophe and all should be well.

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CSS image won't show

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I have a problem with showing a image in css. As you can see in my css stylesheet I want to put a image on de background. Notice that al de rule-numbers of the images are red. So they won't show on my webpage. But if I hover over the css code he knows which image to use.

How can I solve this problem?

Schermafbeelding 2018-10-16 om 08.25.14.pngSchermafbeelding 2018-10-16 om 08.25.25.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by BenPleysier | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting. What is the error shown while hovering over the lines in red mark, or open output panel from window menu->Results to see the errors.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafbeelding 2018-10-16 om 10.35.59.png

I get this error

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Expected RBRACE..." error usually occurs when a media query is used, but missing one or more of its curly braces. See below...

@media screen and (width:500px) { <--this one
     .selector {

property:value;
     }

#selector {

property:value;

}

} <-- or this one

If you have all of your curly braces, for both the media queries, and the individual selectors, please post a link to your work in progress, or post the entire .css file here in the forum so we can show you where your error is coming from.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 1
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the error message does not necessarily require a media query to show as you can see in the following

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 1
osgood_ LATEST
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier  wrote

Actually, the error message does not necessarily require a media query to show as you can see in the following

I dont know why everyone seems to be ignoring your advice, sounds reasonable to me, I would not be using ' in a folders name, at least try removing it and see if the error goes away.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 1
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2018 0