• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

css styles not listed in Tools or context menus

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded from DW CS6 to CC - and starting to wish I hadn't.

One issue I can't resolve on multiple sites is that my css styles are not being listed - either in Tools>CSS or in the dropdown context menu. I tried reattaching the css style sheet, and also deleting the old link from the head and then reattaching, but still no styles.

The page is functioning fine and it's possible to apply the styles by other clunky methods - any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any structural errors in your html or css?https://validator.w3.org/nu/

Ready to check - Nu Html Checker

The W3C CSS Validation Service

Over time, DW has come to rely more and more on clean/valid code in order for a large number of its functions to work properly. Sometimes, simple errors in your html or css can cripple DW's functionality.

A lot has changed in the many versions you have skipped over, which context menu are you referring to specifically?

Have you restarted the machine since installing the new version?

Do your .css and other dependent files appear in the top bar of the document window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The css styles panel was replaced by css designer in Dw cc, see -

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/css-designer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions but none apply:

• html and css checked and valid
  • machine restarted several times since upgrading to DW CC - OS has no pending updates
  • css and other dependant files all appear at the top of the window and page displays correctly in both Design and Live views. Also displays correctly in all browsers post CC edits.

I'm aware of css designer (can't say I like it), but this has no bearing on the issue. The dropdown content menu (and the Tools>CSS menu, which is the same) are both there in CC - it's just that they are not populated with the styles in the css style sheets and relinking the style sheets has no effect.

Attached - screens of the context menu for the same file in both CC and CS6

DW-CC-2017-css-context-menu.jpg

DW-CS6-css-context-menu.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - sentence 2, para 2 of my last post should read "The dropdown context menu" (not content)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They dropped that context menu completely (inexplicably along with the Apply Multiple Classes option).

Is it also missing from your main Properties Window when you click the Class dropdown?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they dropped it why does the context menu still appear?

But the selectable css list is there in Properties so I guess that will do - many thanks for pointing that out (or I could just go back to CS6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There have been some pretty major changes to the menu system since CC came out. They've moved a lot of stuff around, as far as anyone can really tell, the only reason is: "Because".

Take a look at the Tools menu in CC 2017.5 below, it's completely different from what your CC had...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines