Highlighted

Cursor moves lines in code panel

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, has anybody else had this issue?

I am typing away in the code panel, and all of a sudden the cursor jumps about 5 or 6 lines down and to the left and carries on inputting the code as I type. So, I delete the code that has been entered in the wrong place, reposition the cursor to where I want it and start typing again... lo and behold, the cursor moves itself again. If I don't look up to see what I have typed I can completely ruin all sorts of code meaning I've got to physically look for what has been erroneously entered!

It's frustrating!

TOPICS
Error, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cursor moves lines in code panel

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, has anybody else had this issue?

I am typing away in the code panel, and all of a sudden the cursor jumps about 5 or 6 lines down and to the left and carries on inputting the code as I type. So, I delete the code that has been entered in the wrong place, reposition the cursor to where I want it and start typing again... lo and behold, the cursor moves itself again. If I don't look up to see what I have typed I can completely ruin all sorts of code meaning I've got to physically look for what has been erroneously entered!

It's frustrating!

TOPICS
Error, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working on a desktop or laptop?  Do you have a trackpad below your keyboard or one of those annoying red buttons from IBM in the middle of their keyboard?  If you are working on a laptop with that type of setting, I would check the sensitivity of the trackpad/red button and see if the issue is resolved.  If this doesn't apply, can you provide more details (DW version, OS)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a MacBook, but I am using a mouse and full-size keyboard, not the laptop keyboard. The MacBook is nowhere near and is not receiving any sort of input.

Since posting, I have noticed that it only seems to be happening with CSS. I can code HTML without it happening, but where the cursor jumps to is anybody's guess.

The only time the cursor jumps is when I am in DW. If it was a trackpad and keyboard sensitivity issue, then it would present itself across all software that I use, but it only happens in DW and more to the point when typing CSS.

It's the latest DW, but it also happened in previous versions. The OS is Mojave 10.14.8

I have done a screen recording (183kb in size), but I can't upload it to this forum and I don't have access to anywhere else to store it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to View > Code View Options.  Do you have WordWrap selected?

You may upload video to YouTube.  Once it's published on YouTube, you can post the video in this web forum. 

1. Click reply link.

2. Click the film strip icon in the rich text editor toolbar.

3. Paste the YouTube URL.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have word wrap switched on, but this happens to very short lines of CSS properties as much as it does on longer lines. I've never had a single line of a CSS property be so long that it wraps though.

However, thinking about it now, if I manually minify a CSS class and all of its properties to a single line (less scrolling), then it doesn't happen. The only time it happens is when each property is on a line of its own.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Validate code and fix reported errors.

https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming your code is valid, try Restore Preferences.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0