Highlighted

Default to Code view and not Design - How?

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since DW updated to the latest version it now default to Design mode most the time instead of Code like I had it in the previous version.

How can I change it back so by default regardless of the file it goes to Code view, as I can't remember what I changed at the time?

Regards,

Garry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Default to Code view and not Design - How?

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since DW updated to the latest version it now default to Design mode most the time instead of Code like I had it in the previous version.

How can I change it back so by default regardless of the file it goes to Code view, as I can't remember what I changed at the time?

Regards,

Garry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 12, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open a file. 
  2. Switch to Code view.
  3. Close the file.
  4. Re-open the file.
  5. Does it not open in Code View?

If DW does not remember the last view, Restore Preferences.

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2018 1
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes for a while, I open and create a few PHP files over months and when I need to edit it, it sometime return to code others time it design view.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2018 0
Preran LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way is to use custom workspaces in Dreamweaver How to customize the Dreamweaver workspace

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2018 1