• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete file dialog box

Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several sites set up in my Dreamweaver, and on just one of the sites, when I go to delete a file, I don't get the dialog box that pops up and shows me all the pages that reference that file, instead I get just the "Are you sure you want to delete? box like it is an orphan file, though it is not. Does this for any file on the site.

Anyone have any ideas why only one (out of my 20+) sites would not check for reference links before allowing me to delete?

Thanks,

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

So I ran the "Check Links Sitewide" option under the "Sites" menu and now it works correctly. Weird.

Posting this update in case someone else runs into this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I ran the "Check Links Sitewide" option under the "Sites" menu and now it works correctly. Weird.

Posting this update in case someone else runs into this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the Site Cache for that site been turned off maybe?

All of mine are off by default in CC2018, I just run into too many issues with it.

Go to Site > Manage Sites

Click the site you want and hit Edit

Click Advanced Settings

Verify that Enable Cache is checked

If it is, is there anything different about your navigation on that site? Is it handled by Javascript for example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply Jon.

Enable cache is not checked (on any of my sites) but seems to be working as expected now that I ran the link checker. Never had to do that on any other site before.

Thanks again for taking time to respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines