Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dependant Files Slows Upload

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

Not long ago I remember Dreamweaver asking me "Do you want to include dependant files  (Yes/No....Don't ask me again.).  Now, I can't escape dependant files being uploaded.  I also get a message with this menu: "....The files on your server are newer than this.  Are are sure?..."  This doesn't make sense either, since the current file (page) in question is, in fact, the newest revision.  My question is: "How can I disable these silly menus?"  If I want to include dependant files why can't do this manually.  As for the second menu, this is baffling.  I'm being slowed down to a crawl, especially with text files.  I've tried everything I've read online, including the Permissions box in Dreamweaver Mx, and nothing works. Help!!!!

Thank you, Gerald Gibson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first part is changed by going to Edit > Preferences > Site and changing the "prompt" settings for Dependent Files. Change it to Prompt before uploading (or similar wording).

The second part sounds like you have a mismatch between your server date/time and your computer's date/time and uploaded file timestamps vs server file timestamps (maybe in a vastly different timezone?) are confusing the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried using Edit--Permissions--Site.  That didn't work.  As for your second solution, I have no idea how to remedy that.

Thanks anyhow,  Gerald Gibson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of server do you have -- Linux or Windows?  If you're on Linux, you might be able to set your Time Zone by adding or modifying a .htacess file on your root server.

An example for Pacific Time:

SetEnv TZ America/Los_Angeles

Setting server timezone - Apache .htaccess Guide, Tutorials & Examples

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10.

---- Gerald Gibson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win10 is on your local computer.  What kind of remote server do you have -- Linux/Apache or WinIIS?  If unsure, ask your web hosting provider to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apache

G. Gibson

Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  So create or modify an existing .htaccess file with your correct region & time zone.  Upload it to your remote server's root folder.

Next, create a new blank PHP file in DW.  Paste this code and   SaveAs  phptest.php

<!doctype html>

<html>

<head>

<meta charset="utf-8">

<title>PHP Date, Time</title>

</head>

<body>

<p>My server's date and time: <?php echo date("D M d, Y G:i a");?> </p>

</body>

</html>

Upload phpttest.php to your server & browse to that URL in your browser to see the results.

Example:  http://yoursite.com/phptest.php

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy

The problems I mentioned are not epidemic in my website. Only ten of my files have the the two problems I cited. None of the others had these problems. All the others obey the Permissions entry and evidently didn't have the timestamp problem you told me about. Could there be internal code within each file that demands that these messages appear?

-

Gerald Gibson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At a point in time you wrote

Because my Dreamweaver MX 2004 was buggy, I reinstalled it.

In doing so, you may have removed the _notes folder which contains the information that keeps track of the synchronisation.

Simply upload the affected files and all should be well.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon:

This is very peculiar. Only ten of my files have the the two problems I mentioned. None of the others are hung up like this. All the others obey the Permissions entry. Could there be internal code within each file that demands that these messages appear?

-

Gerald Gibson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines