• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

design / code view box links now hidden within DW 2018

Participant ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why have the boxes at the top of the file page been removed to switch between code view and design view ?? You now have to go to the view menu everytime and switch between Standard and developer you can't even use any key commands to switch ( none are listed) and evey time you do switch to standard it uploads evey files associated with the page.

Now sure what the developers at adobe are doing but it seems they take 1 step forward and 15 steps backward. I want consistency in the GUI so I don't have to relearn how to use the program again and find all they things they've hidden that use to be used all the time.

I am sorry but since Adobe bought DW they product has gotten worse and continues in that trend with each new release.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

You can switch between code view and Live/Design view using <Ctrl + ~> shortcuts.

Let us know if that doesn't work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those boxes have now been moved to a drop-down selection in the view box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know but with no key board commands so requires you to stop go to view menu just to select. They should have been left where they have been for over 10 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know that, i know that, but try telling it to those incharge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Window > Toolbars > Document to get the Code Split and Live/Design toolbar back.

The keyboard shortcut for toggling between Live and Design view is Ctrl + Shift + F11.

To change that shortcut...

1. Go to Edi t > Keyboard Shortcuts

2. Open View > View Mode

3. Click Toggle View Mode

4. Click in the Press Key field and change it to whatever you like

5. Click Change
6. Click OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can switch between code view and Live/Design view using <Ctrl + ~> shortcuts.

Let us know if that doesn't work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want it back to where it was before - that's the way its been for 15 years prior it disrupts my workflow and have a hard time understanding why it was moved in the first place. Adobes mantra seems to be "If it anti broke, break it "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also try docking document toolbar in developer workspace itself.

To get document toolbar, go o Windows menu > Toolbars > Document which will load toolbar with "Code", "Split" and "Live" buttons. You can dock that too top bar of DW.

Please see if that is what you would want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines