Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Design View Help

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just started using DreamWeaver CC 2015 and I am having some trouble. When I open a page from a previous version sometimes Design View is available and sometimes only Live View. How do I get Design View on all pages? For example when I want to use Check Spelling from Commands on the menu bar it says only available in the Design View, but I can't figure out how to get there.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

I don't recommend using legacy Fluid Grid Layouts anymore.  They were removed for a few reasons: The layouts are temperamental and flaky to work with.  There are much better responsive methods now including  but not limited to Bootstrap Starter Templates.

CC-StarterPage.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very likely due to the use of the now removed Legacy Fluid Grid Layouts.

Adobe took away Design View in order to ween designers off of them before they were removed from the program entirely. You can get design view back, but it would probably be much better for your site and sanity if you replaced LFGLs with something else long term.

Here's how to get around the issue...

Close all other files, open the Legacy Fluid Grid's css and add the X shown below:

/*

Dreamweaver Fluid Grid Properties

----------------------------------

dw-num-cols-mobile:     X 4;

dw-num-cols-tablet:        8;

dw-num-cols-desktop:    12;

dw-gutter-percentage:    25;

=====================================

Then save and close the file.

Restart DW and you should have Design View from there on out on any files using that LFGL's .css file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recommend using legacy Fluid Grid Layouts anymore.  They were removed for a few reasons: The layouts are temperamental and flaky to work with.  There are much better responsive methods now including  but not limited to Bootstrap Starter Templates.

CC-StarterPage.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advice to the original poster is to code the page layout himself or use an extension that will be usable for years. Bootstrap is simply today's fashionable CSS library and there is no way to predict how long and how accurately Adobe will support it. Bad, bad, BAD practice to rely on any Adobe page-layout tools or starter pages. History, in this case, keeps repeating itself. So, Julies, be very careful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like Project Seven's templates and layouts, Al :-)).  But I've been using Bootstrap for years now and I really like to work with it.   As I write this, I'm looking at an older project and having no trouble picking up where I was because the front-end code is consistent even between different versions of the framework.

If I could only get my SQL statements to work as well....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, Nancy, Nancy

I wasn't talking about our templates, though our page-building tools are far more automated and efficiently coded than Bootstrap. I was speaking of an average Dreamweaver user and the history of Dreamweaver incorporating off the rack code as if it were their own. That type of code has historically been poorly supported and all it takes for Adobe to make a switch is for something new to come along and become more fashionable. If anyone believes that Bootstrap is the terminus of CSS ingenuity, then they are sadly misguided and shortsighted.

Bootstrap is fashionable...TODAY. Boilerplate was around for quite a while, too. I won't even go into the code bloat and inefficiencies, but all it will take for Adobe to abandon Bootstrap is for another framework to come into vogue.

You are not the average Dreamweaver user, Nancy.

[And why are my posts suddenly being moderated again?]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  wrote

Are your posts suddenly going into the Moderation Queue for approval?

Or is somebody editing content in your posts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

ALsp   wrote

Are your posts suddenly going into the Moderation Queue for approval?

Or is somebody editing content in your posts?

I edited my last post to ask whether I'm being moderated after the original unedited post was marked as being moderated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's called AI, not to be confused with AL. In this case it is most likely the facial recognition module that filters the goodies from the baddies.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier  wrote

It's called AI, not to be confused with AL. In this case it is most likely the facial recognition module that filters the goodies from the baddies.

Should I shave and take a new photo? Or do words like extension or template have something to do with it? But wait! This is Adobe, so of course the intelligence is artificial. Or maybe shallow. Ah hell, it's probably hidden under a rock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ALsp  wrote

Ah hell, it's probably hidden under a rock.

That would not be too bad. The trouble is that they have forgotton which rock they hid it under.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines