• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Designing a page for entering data into the database, and checking the quantity of occurrences

New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

some time ago, I invited a Google script app. with part of javascript. The app is used for the following activities:

1.  Reporting the article number and error code to the database (in this case the google sheet)
  2.  Counting how many activities have been made since the beginning of the current shift and visualising the result on the main screen
  3. Informing the employee in case of an error (in the process of reporting to the database, I initiated a loop, which checks the previously recorded data)

In the face of the further need of modernization the tool, I want to start using Adobe Dreamweaver and create a standalone web application, which will initially perform the same actions, but instead of writing data in the google sheet will write to the database (it has a database Micrsoft SQL server).

I've looked through the information, but I don't know where to start. The html page works, but all functions described above (written in javascript) not. I have no idea how to implement it. I also don't know how to connect the database and initiate a data counting and checking system. 

I'll be grateful for any tips on how to approach this task.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) pages are not a beginner's project. You need advanced server-side programming skills and experience with databases and server security.

IMO, if you're married to a Microsoft coding environment then you should be using MS products like Visual Studio or Visual Studio Code (open source), that support ASP.net code frameworks and MsSQL databases. 

https://www.syncfusion.com/blogs/post/build-crud-application-with-asp-net-core-entity-framework-visu...

Dreamweaver is my tool of choice on PHP & MySQL supported servers.  There are 3rd party commercial extensions by WebAssist and DMX Zone to help you. Or you can create CRUD pages manually.

https://www.tutorialrepublic.com/php-tutorial/php-mysql-crud-application.php

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines