• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dictionary does not accept my words

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dictionary does not accept or remember my words.  I am running DW  2015.3 on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.  When I do the Sift F7 the spell check works but if I put in a specific work, DW does not remember it.

I do not know what I am missing.  I have specified English (United States) under edit>preferences>General

Even more frustrating is there no longer seems to be a chat support or phone support option for DW.

Help please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Adobe spell check is fairly worthless. I know that Windows has a real-time spell checker that's pretty accurate, but it might cost Adobe a few pennies to license. Not sure about Mac. But if it helps, this is what I do:

1. A quick Spell Check in Dreamweaver, knowing that it is not going to get all typos

2. Open HTML file in MS Word to check spelling and grammar.

3. Coordinate corrections

It's tedious, but if you want a good spell check, it is the only way. I would love to hear if there are other poss

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe spell check is fairly worthless. I know that Windows has a real-time spell checker that's pretty accurate, but it might cost Adobe a few pennies to license. Not sure about Mac. But if it helps, this is what I do:

1. A quick Spell Check in Dreamweaver, knowing that it is not going to get all typos

2. Open HTML file in MS Word to check spelling and grammar.

3. Coordinate corrections

It's tedious, but if you want a good spell check, it is the only way. I would love to hear if there are other possibilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have over 1,400 pages in my website.  That solution will not really work for me.  It would be nice if a "feature" that is in DW would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Park+City+Dreamweaver  wrote

I have over 1,400 pages in my website.  That solution will not really work for me.  It would be nice if a "feature" that is in DW would work.

Yes, it would. But Adobe has taken so many things out of Dreamweaver, I'm not sure how willing, or able, they are to add things... or at least, fix things. This is one reason, among many, that everyone at Project Seven uses CS6 for serious work. We only use CC versions for testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use this link to get in touch with us. Contact Customer Care

1. Click Sign In to begin

2. Click Creative Cloud All Apps

3. Click Dreamweaver in the Popular tab

4. Click Troubleshoot

5. Click Show me my contact options.

Also have a look at this article for using the feature Spell check a web page in Adobe Dreamweaver

You can provide your suggestions to the product team directly using this link Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines