Highlighted

Did Adobe give Dreamweaver to new developers?

Participant ,
Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years DWR was maintained properly and very well.

The 2017/18 releases are horrible.

From my feedback alone in the BUG reports and comments on other's with the same bug there are 100's of unsolved issues.

Many of these issues did NOT exist as problems in the 2014 version of DWR.

These stats here are from my feedback and they are horrifying.

Capture.PNG

In the main bug system the totals are even worse

Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs  903 ideas

Adobe Dreamweaver: Ideas  1601

Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs: Hot (903 ideas) – Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

The "ideas" are NOT really ideas,

they are BUGS and for whatever reason the Adobe Dreamweaver team just calls them "ideas", but trust me, 90% are bugs.

I suspect they want to hide how bad the problem is from Corporate.

This is insane.

Hence, my questions are rhetorical in nature and directed at the CTO, CEO, or Product Manager for Adobe as well as whoever is in charge of Dreamweaver, and perhaps anyone from Adobe who used to work there and at one time was part of the original sane Dreamweaver team...

If so, are you aware that this new team has ruined this product?

If not, what in the name of all that is web standard happened to your existing team?

What happened to the Dreamweaver dev team that made the 2014 and 2012 releases?

Heck lets go way back, what happened to the Macromedia Dreamweaver dev team?

Are you going to fire this team and never allow them to touch Dreamweaver ever again?

Did you know that all of the problems with Dreamweaver 2018 can be fixed by switching to Dreamweaver 2014?

Do you see this as a problem?

Candidly, what the hell happened?

People rely heavily on this tool and what has happened here is beyond frustrating, it is a form of THEFT, time theft.

I have lost over 100 hours of life debugging your software,

I should be paid for that 100+ hours it because that was YOUR JOB to do before Dreamweaver left your workbench.

I will send an invoice, please consider paying it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Participant ,
Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years DWR was maintained properly and very well.

The 2017/18 releases are horrible.

From my feedback alone in the BUG reports and comments on other's with the same bug there are 100's of unsolved issues.

Many of these issues did NOT exist as problems in the 2014 version of DWR.

These stats here are from my feedback and they are horrifying.

Capture.PNG

In the main bug system the totals are even worse

Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs  903 ideas

Adobe Dreamweaver: Ideas  1601

Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs: Hot (903 ideas) – Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

The "ideas" are NOT really ideas,

they are BUGS and for whatever reason the Adobe Dreamweaver team just calls them "ideas", but trust me, 90% are bugs.

I suspect they want to hide how bad the problem is from Corporate.

This is insane.

Hence, my questions are rhetorical in nature and directed at the CTO, CEO, or Product Manager for Adobe as well as whoever is in charge of Dreamweaver, and perhaps anyone from Adobe who used to work there and at one time was part of the original sane Dreamweaver team...

If so, are you aware that this new team has ruined this product?

If not, what in the name of all that is web standard happened to your existing team?

What happened to the Dreamweaver dev team that made the 2014 and 2012 releases?

Heck lets go way back, what happened to the Macromedia Dreamweaver dev team?

Are you going to fire this team and never allow them to touch Dreamweaver ever again?

Did you know that all of the problems with Dreamweaver 2018 can be fixed by switching to Dreamweaver 2014?

Do you see this as a problem?

Candidly, what the hell happened?

People rely heavily on this tool and what has happened here is beyond frustrating, it is a form of THEFT, time theft.

I have lost over 100 hours of life debugging your software,

I should be paid for that 100+ hours it because that was YOUR JOB to do before Dreamweaver left your workbench.

I will send an invoice, please consider paying it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 25, 2018 0
Mentor ,
Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, all that is mucked up with Dreamweaver can be avoided by using CS6. But you also must consider that there are various opinions at play here.  For example, since you seem to feel that reverting to Dreamweaver 2014 will fix all of your problems, that implies that you like the CSS Designer, while I think it is the single worst bit of UI programming ever perpetrated in the history of Dreamweaver. You also do not mention the things that Adobe mysteriously removed, such as Design Time CSS (to mitigate Design View's lack of CSS standards support), Server Side Includes dialog, and many more little "removals". So, while you and I might agree that Dreamweaver is in bad shape, what constitutes our feelings might be very different. Now extrapolate that over thousands of users. See?

Adobe has spent more time jacking around with Bootstrap to make Dreamweaver users believe that Adobe has included awesome page layout capabilities. This is a historic defect in Dreamweaver's management that has been amplified in recent years. It has nothing to do with the "team". It is simply a management problem. Adobe does not understand Dreamweaver's market. It doesn't matter where the programmers live or work. It is a management issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zagarskas, I realize you marked your original post as "rhetorical," but you do know this is a community forum of users and people who use Adobe products, right? So anything you've directed at "...CTO, CEO, or Product Manager for Adobe as well as whoever is in charge of Dreamweaver, and perhaps anyone from Adobe who used to work there and at one time was part of the original sane Dreamweaver team" means they're probably not monitoring this forum. It's a user-to-user discussion group. There might be other ways to get your feedback to those people.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bucksommerkamp  wrote

There might be other ways to get your feedback to those people.

Seriously you might as well address issues to a penguin in the ice fields, you'd definitely get more response and sense.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2018 0
Mentor ,
Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buck and Osgood...

While this is a user-to-user forum, sometimes people just have to let off some steam. It just seems like where Adobe is concerned, there is considerably more hot air than is necessary.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  wrote

Buck and Osgood...

While this is a user-to-user forum, sometimes people just have to let off some steam. It just seems like where Adobe is concerned, there is considerably more hot air than is necessary.

You sound like an Adobe company man AL, must be the high from becomming an acp (joke).

I think many Dw users, have gone past the blowing off steam phase, and are now looking for an official response, which is not likely to happen in this millennium.

I hold up my hands as being one of those original supporters of the css designer when it was first proposed, but in my defence I did think they would keep the method of switching it back to the old css panel, and develop it further with support for newer css as it came along. As we all know though both of those items never happened.

One of the major problems with the Dw and Adobe managment, is that they simply do not 'get' what the web is capable of, except when it comes to making as much money as possible from other services, (adobe experiance cloud). The other is that Adobe and many of its product users do not think that they should know how to code, to which I reservedly agree, but only upto a certain point, as I think it is necessary to know code before you try to do something in a visual manner.

None of the above paragraph answers the OP's question(s) though, and I also would like to read an official response, even if it is posted in the Dw blog instead of in this forum.

I am still waiting to find out how the Dw managment defines a "designer who wishes to code", as I don't think even they know what it means.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2018 0
ALsp LATEST
Mentor ,
Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I am anything but an "Adobe man". I was invited to be an ACP. I did not initiate the process. I accepted the invitation as a last-ditch effort to bring about change. As a glass half-full kind of guy, I'm going to give it the old college try, while stepping on as many toes as I possibly can... in the kindest, most professional way possible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem is that on the prerelease forum, if we ask questions, or submit ideas, that go beyond the ideas proposed by Adobe, no follow-up, no answer, no exchange takes place... it remains silent.

to see it go to the prerelease forum and search for RoadMap 2018 discussions... there must be more than a dozen... all but one are unanswered.

the one that contains an answer, answers next to the plate.

it remains very difficult to build or try to get DW out of the ruts in which he got stuck...

so on my machine I have three versions installed... CC Next (the public prerelease version), CC 2018 to possibly answer user questions, and CS6 that I use to work (in parallel with Sublime Text and Node)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2018 0