Highlighted

Directing to a Thank You page after Submitting a Form

New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is: How do I set up a Form so that the user sees a Thank You page after hitting the Submit Button, THEN having the Form emailed to me at the same time. What "action" needs to take place in the Form tag and Button tag? Thank you guys.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Directing to a Thank You page after Submitting a Form

New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is: How do I set up a Form so that the user sees a Thank You page after hitting the Submit Button, THEN having the Form emailed to me at the same time. What "action" needs to take place in the Form tag and Button tag? Thank you guys.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to create an action script to do this. The script depends on the server that you have. If this is PHP see https://www.w3schools.com/php/php_form_complete.asp

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks because what is happening is I do see the Thank You page after hitting the submit button, however, the form does not go to my email address. I used the mailto: action for the Form tag.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cant use 'mailto:' to send form information. You need a form processing script. From what I remember of mailto: it's some old rubbish that you might have used in 1994 on a link tag.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds familiar, as I do realize this is an old function but it's still fun and challenging to figure out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you don't know about forms and how insecure ones can leave your server vulnerable to attacks could fill a book shelf.  I won't sugar coat this.  Forms and form processing scripts are not for hobbyists to "mess around with" anymore.   Either use a secure form/processing script recommended by your hosting provider like PHPMailer or use 3rd party services like JotForums, Wufoo.com or Mailchimp. 

Mailto is strictly for suckers.  It's not reliable.  And it puts your e-mail address and server at risk.  Don't use it.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
agc533 LATEST
New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that advice, I will definitely look into finding a secure form/processing script. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines