Highlighted

disable contextual feature tips in Dreamweaver

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I disable contextual feature tips in Dreamweaver? I hate it when I am working and the freaking popups interupt.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

They're set to run once after an update is installed.

Unfortunately, Adobe only gives us the option to reset them. There's no way to turn them off from within the Preferences.

Make sure to add your opinion, and vote, to the official Feature Request here: https://dreamweaver.uservoice.com/forums/379458-adobe-dreamweaver-ideas/suggestions/19660267-add-ability-to-disable-new-feature-guides

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

disable contextual feature tips in Dreamweaver

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I disable contextual feature tips in Dreamweaver? I hate it when I am working and the freaking popups interupt.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

Unfortunately, Adobe only gives us the option to reset them. There's no way to turn them off from within the Preferences.

Make sure to add your opinion, and vote, to the official Feature Request here: https://dreamweaver.uservoice.com/forums/379458-adobe-dreamweaver-ideas/suggestions/19660267-add-ability-to-disable-new-feature-guides

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to add your opinion, and vote, to the official Feature Request here: https://dreamweaver.uservoice.com/forums/379458-adobe-dreamweaver-ideas/suggestions/19660267-add-abi...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this marked as "sovled"? You can't disable them. They're useless and constantly interfering with using the software. Give advanced users the ability to turn off a stupid feature that interrupts workflow. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on Windows try a registry hack.

If you're using Dreamweaver 2020 for xeample, go to key: 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Dreamweaver 2020\New Feature Walkthrough\

Look for 'Show Contextual Hints' and set to 'false' .....

Paul-M, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to be a pretty serious way to "fix" a product we all pay considerable for.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0