Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dissable video playback in live view

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm running CC18 and I have a site that is designed with a looping video as a background element for a div. I've gotten very accustomed to running in split workflow mode with code and live view up, just trying to see if theres a way that I can turn video playback off in the live view portion of dreamweaver. It plays back fine, but, with a constant looped 6mb file, after a while dreamweaver becomes unstable and crashes. currently I'm comment tagging the video out to actually work on the site, but it would be nice if I could just tell it not to play and instead maybe display the poster image.

relevant system info:

Windows 10 Pro

32gb ram

GTX1070

OS/software and site directories on separate SSDs

Running DW build 10155

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

I love your system, may have to think of upgrading. I'm still in a quandary about SSD's though, they seem to have a habit of kicking the bucket without warning.

As far as your question is concerned, there is no magic solution in Dreamweaver. I think that what you are doing at the moment is your best bet.

As a side remark, if the looping is bothering you, think of the poor user to the site who cannot switch it off at a whim. This is one of the reasons that I tend to keep animations to a minimum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love your system, may have to think of upgrading. I'm still in a quandary about SSD's though, they seem to have a habit of kicking the bucket without warning.

As far as your question is concerned, there is no magic solution in Dreamweaver. I think that what you are doing at the moment is your best bet.

As a side remark, if the looping is bothering you, think of the poor user to the site who cannot switch it off at a whim. This is one of the reasons that I tend to keep animations to a minimum.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!  I've found in all the situations that I've used SSDs they out perform and outlast spinning disks hands down. Its true they don't show degradation prior to death, but their read/write cycles are much higher and with basic computer use it will likely never be an issue.

Good to know, I didn't know if there was a setting to disable preview that I  was just missing.

As for the user, yes, I typically don't like the background video elements, I refuse to make it full screen, as it is, it covering a div's background that's only got a height of about 600px. I considering having it auto play once and then display the poster, or auto play on loop but pulling it from a streaming service in hopes to reduce burden on users.

I took a break from markup about 2 years ago and I've just been getting back into it and theres so many new ways to do things. but It all driving to that UX.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines