Highlighted

Distorted images and text in Dreamweaver 2018

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to Dreamweaver 2018 and have noticed a lot of distortion in all images and a lot of the text in the Design view. I thought that this could be a new settings to make things faster but I was unable to find any new setting that could cause this problem. I then thought maybe it was an issue with the sites CSS or other special setting but have the same problem if I create a new page with no CSS or other special settings. Attached is a picture as an example of what is happening. I added only a picture of the Adobe logo and as can be seen it is distorted. The image width and height are also set correctly and are the same dimensions of the actual image.

dreamweaver-cc-2018.gif

However, if I change from Design to Live the picture looks fine. I understand that the Design view is not perfect but I've never had this issue with any previous version of Dreamweaver.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Distorted images and text in Dreamweaver 2018

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to Dreamweaver 2018 and have noticed a lot of distortion in all images and a lot of the text in the Design view. I thought that this could be a new settings to make things faster but I was unable to find any new setting that could cause this problem. I then thought maybe it was an issue with the sites CSS or other special setting but have the same problem if I create a new page with no CSS or other special settings. Attached is a picture as an example of what is happening. I added only a picture of the Adobe logo and as can be seen it is distorted. The image width and height are also set correctly and are the same dimensions of the actual image.

dreamweaver-cc-2018.gif

However, if I change from Design to Live the picture looks fine. I understand that the Design view is not perfect but I've never had this issue with any previous version of Dreamweaver.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 07, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you're zoomed in a little in Design View, that image is being displayed larger than the html would suggest.

Try going to View > Design View Options > Magnification > set it to 100%

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zoom level is correctly set to 100%. Also, setting the zoom level to any other percentage keeps the same distortion.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you restarted your computer since installing this version of DW?

Is the image file within a Defined Site in DW?

What happens when you save the page and image to your site and then close and reopen the file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2018 0