• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do we have to drop Dreamweaver to get a decent Shopping Cart ?

Participant ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the years I have always used Dreamweaver to develop websites. Fought for it and thrown other options out. After a short break, I've come back to it, to see that there are no Database options like there used to be. There are also none for building a shopping cart, which to me is fundamental for a lot of clients these days. The one or to extensions providing these options either have very low ratings or are very old. Are we been forced to let go and run with the likes of Magento, Woo Commerce etc ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

I do share your sentiment. I have been using the following Dreamweaver extensions to get the functionality back into my development

The former is very similar to the deprecated Dreamweaver SB panels, while the latter needs a lot more that just the free version.

For the shopping cart I use eCart which is compatable with the MySQLi extension from the same company.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do share your sentiment. I have been using the following Dreamweaver extensions to get the functionality back into my development

The former is very similar to the deprecated Dreamweaver SB panels, while the latter needs a lot more that just the free version.

For the shopping cart I use eCart which is compatable with the MySQLi extension from the same company.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben.

Does eCart6 come with video tutorials ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Googling the subject I cam across How to build a mobile e-commerce store with Dreamweaver jQuery Mobile eCart 6 Webassist - YouTube. There you can see how intuitive it is to use eCart. Very easy, step by step. Just add the eCart Object and add the following three or four steps.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will look into what you have advised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been using Vibracart the past 5 years, which works with PayPal (they're updating it for Stripe too apparently) - it's efficient and cheap, with great support - plus I also use their add-on Linklok to deliver my downloads securely, which is the best I have seen.   Here's a link if you're interested - https://www.vibralogix.com/vibracartpp/

cheers,

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines