Highlighted

Does Dreamweaver have Storable Data?

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to create a website. In this website, I would like for people to make accounts. Additionally, I would like this website to have the ability to make several reports and other documents which could be attached to these individual users, which would in turn show up on their account page. Does Dreamweaver have this form of storable data? Thank you for your time.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

No, DW is just a glorified text editor with FTP and File Management functions, what you want would need to be done on your web server.

What you're looking for is a database, something like MySQL would do the trick and is installed on most hosting servers by default. However, to make use of databases, you'll need to master some server-side scripting, like PHP, to add/remove information from the database, then display that information in a user's browser through your website.

The type of site you're asking for is beyond anything built into DW, but could be done with DW if you bring the right skillset to the table.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Does Dreamweaver have Storable Data?

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to create a website. In this website, I would like for people to make accounts. Additionally, I would like this website to have the ability to make several reports and other documents which could be attached to these individual users, which would in turn show up on their account page. Does Dreamweaver have this form of storable data? Thank you for your time.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

No, DW is just a glorified text editor with FTP and File Management functions, what you want would need to be done on your web server.

What you're looking for is a database, something like MySQL would do the trick and is installed on most hosting servers by default. However, to make use of databases, you'll need to master some server-side scripting, like PHP, to add/remove information from the database, then display that information in a user's browser through your website.

The type of site you're asking for is beyond anything built into DW, but could be done with DW if you bring the right skillset to the table.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 02, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you described is a secure log-in  and Content Management System (CMS).   How you approach this will depend on your  experience with server-side and client-side web application development. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2019 1