• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Dreamweaver support these features?

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I am thinking about purchasing the latest version of Dreamweaver, but I am worried about the features. I'm not a professional in web designing but I want to make a site in PHP and I need to build the site similar to https://www.vccgenerator.com

Does anyone tell me how much time it will take to build this site in Dreamweaver? And does Dreamweaver support the features available on this site?

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I'm not a professional in web... "

Tools don't build websites, people do. 

Dreamweaver is a good code editor and site management tool which supports PHP and Bootstrap. But don't expect drag & drop ease of use for such a project.  Good coding skills are essential.  Try DW for 7 days before you purchase.   There is no charge if you cancel before the 8th day.  Otherwise, your card will automatically be billed USD $21/month for 12 months.

https://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver/free-trial-download.html

Post back if you have more questions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for your reply. I'll try to code this in PHP using Dreamweaver.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy is 100% right... and I will add

in every online application, there are two aspects to consider

On the one hand, there is the human-machine interface, which allows the user to dialogue with the application.
and on the other hand, the application itself with its engineering.

the first aspect, can easily be managed by Dreamweaver, usually by simple drag and drop. but as soon as a dropdown menu, will interact with the content of another dropdown menu, then things will get complicated. for example, by selecting a country, the list of available banks varies.

the second aspect, is not taken into account by Dreamweaver, neither by any plugin or extension, nor by any classic application. it is imperative to turn to frameworks (laravel, zend, symphony, etc. ...) or business development tools. anyway and whatever the tool, it will also require a solid expertise in server language, application development philosophy, and data base.

since the type of application you are moving towards exchanges highly sensitive data, it is also important to fully understand certain principles, such as data encryption, SSL layers, Nounce notions, more commonly known as salt injection, not to mention the application architecture that you will define for this application in order to preserve its robust appearance, while preserving its scalable nature

nothing is impossible, but it is important to understand the ins and outs before taking a step in one direction rather than the other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a no then - "I'm not a professional in web designing"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There use to be an extention called Kollections that allowed mininimaly skilled web creators to do many things, forms, list, searches, file uploads etc. And DW prior to Adobe owning it also had a robust community that provided many extentions that when cobbled together provided good low level development features within DW.  Sadly Adobe destroyed kollections and dropped it and never replaced it with anything worth while and looks like they never will either,

Sadly once Adobe purchased Dreamweaver they basically shredded DW to the point that now it's really not worth considering at all for any php development. DW have become more a design tool. But even then you're better off buying templates (some as cheap as $5) and modifiying them as needed. 

Truly wish Adobe would listen to this community and once again make DW the premier web developement tool for the  masses it once was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we all wished Adobe had ploughed more money and development into Dreamweaver over the years but alas it wasnt to be and isnt to be. The program is nothing more than a solid web-editor now, with little innovation for the likes of yourself and many others. I moved on and learnt to code and never looked back, best thing I ever did to be honest. However many dont want to take that path, for them they should possibly investigate a program called 'Wappler', it has everything in it that you could possibly want to built state of the art web-solutions. If you're the kind of user that likes to point and click and drag and drop and has no real desire to make web-development a long-term career option it might be for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried Wappler, most confusing program I ever looked at. Used it for 3 months and was shocked at how many steps it took to do just the simplest of things.

Support people are not the best in terms of attitude either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was shocked at how many steps it took to do just the simplest of things.

Such as.....

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks for the response. The program has probably gotten even more complex since launch, maybe more suited to technically minded people rather than the casual user these days.

In terms of 'support'. Yes sometimes, but having to deal with so many questions from different levels of user I should imagine can become quite frustrating at times. Still if you're front-facing you probably should be a bit more diplomatic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines