Highlighted

Downloading Old Versions of Dreamweaver

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've bought the monthly subscription of Dreamweaver and have downloaded the newest version (Dreamweaver 2020). Is there a way I can get the older version ( CS6) either with the new version or to replace it.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon_Fritz_II | Adobe Community Professional

Not from Adobe, well, not using the CC Desktop App anyway. They only allow the current version and 1 back through the App.

The standard CS6 would require a separate activation/serial than CC. I don't know of a way to get the CC version of CS6 anymore.

Personally, I use CC2015 for production with 2020 installed in the background for testing. It's much more like CS6 (in stablity and functionality) than any newer version of DW. You can still get it, last time I looked, through ProDesignTools.com. Just follow the "Very Important Instructions" to set the cookie on Adobe's site and you should be able to use the links on this page to get the installlers from Adobe's servers...

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html

Topics

Download install and licensing, How to, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Downloading Old Versions of Dreamweaver

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've bought the monthly subscription of Dreamweaver and have downloaded the newest version (Dreamweaver 2020). Is there a way I can get the older version ( CS6) either with the new version or to replace it.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon_Fritz_II | Adobe Community Professional

Not from Adobe, well, not using the CC Desktop App anyway. They only allow the current version and 1 back through the App.

The standard CS6 would require a separate activation/serial than CC. I don't know of a way to get the CC version of CS6 anymore.

Personally, I use CC2015 for production with 2020 installed in the background for testing. It's much more like CS6 (in stablity and functionality) than any newer version of DW. You can still get it, last time I looked, through ProDesignTools.com. Just follow the "Very Important Instructions" to set the cookie on Adobe's site and you should be able to use the links on this page to get the installlers from Adobe's servers...

Topics

Download install and licensing, How to, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is no longer available.   Unless you previously purchased CS6 directly from Adobe,  the Customer Care agents can't give you a download link for it.   Owing to the new policy that went into effect last May, it's very difficult if not impossible to obtain pre-2019 versions of Creative Cloud now. 

The links posted on ProDesign Tools' website are subject to change without notice.   Adobe have already removed several legacy installers.  So if you find an old installer, make a backup copy for the future. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Learn Resources
Add a group