• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreameaver 2017 very slow opening files

Participant ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver 2017 is very slow when opening files with external links.

Sometimes it takes 30 seconds.

I've already unchecked all options in the sync preferences, and turned off view>related files options>display.

I have no sites setup.

I'm just using Dreamweaver as a code editor.  I don't need the loading of graphics or elements.

What else can I do to speed up file loading?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set up a site definition, even if you're just making html emails or working from Code View on a handful of files, DW really doesn't know what to do if you don't set that up first and tends to get pretty confused.

You shouldn't "have to" but that's the way the program was designed to work, and it can alleviate a lot of odd issues if you set one up.

Go to Site > New site > and define the folder you're storing your file(s) in as the local root. You can leave everything else alone (FTP, testing servers, etc). As long as that local site folder is defined, DW will likely work better for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I setup a local site as you've recommended, but it's difficult to tell if the file opening speed has improved or not.  It still takes at least 20-30 seconds to open the file in question.  I'm not storing the entire site files locally.  I'm downloading only the single file being edited at one time, edit in Dreamweaver, then uploading back to the server again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, DW was really designed to work on local files, then upload those to the server.

Personally, I'd download the entire site to the local site folder. Open and change the local file, then upload it to the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Latest Dreamweaver version is 2018. Please upgrade it and see if your issue resolves.

Could you please provide the following details-

Some sample files where Dreamweaver is slow.

what OS you are using

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Kratika requested, can you try using the latest version to see if this issue is resolved. A few fixes were made in the latest update around this issue.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be careful when/if installing the new version.

Make sure to click the Advanced Options link on the bottom of the installer dialogue box so you can uncheck the box for "Remove Older Versions" or it will delete all older versions of DW from your machine when installing the new version.

You can have multiple versions of DW installed on the same machine at the same time under a single subscription. Make sure the option is turned off so you can determine if the latest and greatest will work the way you need it to. If it doesn't, your old version will be there ass a fallback.

Never blindly upgrade to a new version of any program on a production machine until you know it will work for you.

I still can't believe Adobe sets the default action as "remove older versions" it's crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines