• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamvewer showing wrong text?

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've really been struggling with this bug that makes the font/text get all weird! Please help me!

Example: [removed: deemed to be spam - Moderator]

You can see where it says "kÃĪllor" but it's supposed to say "källor" which means sources in Swedish and I have defined what language I want <html lang="sv">.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

be sure that your file is really saved on utf-8 format... you can handle that using the menu file > page properties > encoding...

what happen if you use the old &#228; or &auml; entities ? instead of directly typing the caracter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is the charset used ? (META tag)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to B i r n o u 's reply, you have not set the language to "sv" as can be seen by:

<html data-default-locale="en" data-env="production" data-locale="en" data-release="production-be2d9c4813a87359c6bd9ce7f820972a34f285cf" lang="en">

This gives me the impression that the link was purely for spamming, hence it has been removed.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry what? why did you remove it? I asked a question???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<meta charset="utf-8">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, it works as expected here... do you have a link online ? what is the browser ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using firefox but I've also tried with chrome as well. And I don't have it online since I'm only doing this as a school project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you make a small HTML document demonstrating this error and share it here ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well all works fine here... as you can see

1uXmlvMl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is rather odd. Since it is appearing on both my laptop and my desktop pc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

be sure that your file is really saved on utf-8 format... you can handle that using the menu file > page properties > encoding...

what happen if you use the old &#228; or &auml; entities ? instead of directly typing the caracter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines