• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 12.0

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have DW 12.0 where would I be able to obtain the most recent updates etc. before I take an online class on ONLC.com. to brush up and enhance my knowledge?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

DW CS6 is no longer sold or supported by Adobe.

Adobe now sells DW as either a single app subscription, or as part of a full subscription to the Creative Cloud.

Be very careful if you plan to purchase DW CS6 from an online resource. There seem to be far fewer legitimate copies of the program floating around than there are bogus ones. A very common scam in recent years has been the illegal sales of volume licenses to third party users. Everything will work, for a time, but when Adobe learns of the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW 12.0 (CS6) is outdated by a good 6 versions now.

There haven't been any updates for it since 2012, but they're available below.

Adobe - Dreamweaver Support Center : Updaters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume I am better off buying the program all over then. Would this be

accurate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW CS6 is no longer sold or supported by Adobe.

Adobe now sells DW as either a single app subscription, or as part of a full subscription to the Creative Cloud.

Be very careful if you plan to purchase DW CS6 from an online resource. There seem to be far fewer legitimate copies of the program floating around than there are bogus ones. A very common scam in recent years has been the illegal sales of volume licenses to third party users. Everything will work, for a time, but when Adobe learns of the illegal sales and revokes the licenses being sold by the unauthorized seller, all of the victims of the scam end up losing their access to the program as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I already had the old version I bought directly. I see now after

beiong out of the realm for a while, everything seems to be cloud based and

there are no discks, flash drives, etc. Do you know what folks are doing

that do not want to deal with the subscription?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, Creative Cloud versions of the programs aren't cloud-based software, they install directly to your local HD just like the older versions did.

CS6 itself is a perfectly serviceable version of the program. A good number would say it's a superior version when compared to the latest two releases. There's really nothing stopping someone from continuing to use it for the foreseeable future.

As to "what folks are doing that don't want to deal with the subscription" some people left Adobe all together, others hold onto their older versions. There are a lot of options out there for website development programs. Pretty much all of them do "something" better than DW and DW does "something" better than all of them, so it really comes down to personal choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. You been a great asset for this question. Have a great week!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Get Creative Cloud for a 7=day free trial and evaluate it for yourself without further obligation.  Prepare yourself.  A LOT HAS CHANGED since 2012 when CS6 came out.    Find out which version your course is teaching so you can keep up with the course.

Free Dreamweaver | Download Adobe Dreamweaver CC full version

CS6 is perfectly acceptable software for making modern sites providing you work with code and don't rely too heavily on design panels.  Also it will never be updated to work on modern operating systems.  So at some point, it may stop working altogether.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines