Highlighted

Dreamweaver 2004 not working

New Here ,
May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to those who responded earlier. Afraid I was not able to get back earlier and the conversation seems to have been "completed"

I still can't get on to my site. I can't get on via the internet, when I do it via the provided phone lines, none of the three lines seem to work as I am told to check the number. Any one with a contact for them please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver 2004 not working

New Here ,
May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to those who responded earlier. Afraid I was not able to get back earlier and the conversation seems to have been "completed"

I still can't get on to my site. I can't get on via the internet, when I do it via the provided phone lines, none of the three lines seem to work as I am told to check the number. Any one with a contact for them please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 03, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried John's answer Re: DreamweaverMX2004

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afraid it doesn't work. When I open dreamweaver it goes directly to the "Activate by telephone" screen with the correct product number, green tick. Choice phone or internet. If clicking internet again the correct number with a green tick. next screen: unable to connect, try again or phone. Internet no go so try to phone. None of the three numbers provided work. With each one I am told to go to directory services and they can't help either. ????

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2018 0
May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My assumption is that you are using Windows 8 or 10. If this is wrong then you will have to find out for yourself where the host file is located.

My second assumption is that the host file contains information that stops you connecting to Adobe.

Go to c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts and open in WordPad as Administrator. If you find anything containing Adobe, delete it and save the file. Try activating Dreamweaver again.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2018 1
New Here ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran, Sorry it took this long to get back to you. I am not a computer expert. Have been going through the different files in windows looking for the references you refer to. It could well be they are there, but I am not game enough to delete any of them. I might have to give up on Dreamwever, very disappointed with them as I liked working with the software. Pulling the plug doesn’t seem to be a good idea from the client’s perspective. If you could provide me with a contact in Sydney who is willing to assist, I would be willing to give it a go, otherwise afraid it is goodbye to Dreamweaver. Thank you for your assistance

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 0
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure who marked reply as Correct, I have unmarked it. Not sure why you are addressing Preran as he has not appeared in this discussion.

This a user2user forum and we are willing to help you with your outdated software. However, you will need to also help yourself. If you hesitate to delete anything in the HOSTS file, please copy and paste its contents here so that we can assist. You could also make a backup in case you need to restore it.

In case you want to get in touch with me, use one of the methods mentioned here​.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 1
New Here ,
May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

It was Preran who was the most recent one with advice.

You obviously know all about computers, I know little and am reluctant to undertake action when I don’t know the end result.

In your email dated 4/5 you stated: “Go to c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts and open in WordPad as Administrator. If you find anything containing Adobe, delete it and save the file. Try activating Dreamweaver again.”

It might be there, but I can’t find System32 when looking into the attached windows screen, nor when I do a search.

When opening Dreamweaver and clicking on next a few times I end up with the attached Serial number file. Then I am unable to connect via the internet, while it is working ok. Phone activation seems to be no good as the phone number provided do not work

If you can assist that would be great.

Best regards,

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2018 0
May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Windows have you got?

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows X

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2018 0
May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, there is no Windows X. Do you mean Windows XP or Windows 10?

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Windows 10

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2018 0
May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Click the File Explorer button

2. Type C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc (copy and paste) into the address bar and press Enter

3. This will take you to the HOSTS file

4. Right-Click on the HOSTS file and choose Open With

5. Choose Wordpad and click OK

6. The contents of the file should be similar to

where the highlighted line is the only line in my setup that is active.

6. Copy and paste the contents of your file in your next reply for me to have a look at.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2018 0
May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be a while before I get back to you, in the process of watching Hawthorn against Sydney at the MCG.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

Guess we won’t discuss last night’s match?

Attached, on the left, is what I think you asked for in 6.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2018 0
May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I blame the umpires! . Anyway, it was a real thriller and well done to Sydney.

Maybe because you used your phone to reply, I do not see the contents of the file. Do you see the word Adobe mentioned?

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use my pc only, how else can I attach a screenshot

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WordPad.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might have been able to show you the screen shot

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2018 0
May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need to delete that line? Sorry I am uncomfortable in removing so just like to confirm you want me to delete 127.0.0.1 and keep ::1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what happens when I do that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2018 0
May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, do not delete the whole line, just the '#' sign, this turns the line from a remark to a live instruction.

For further information Google 'hosts file'

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

# without.jpg

When trying to save I get the followingsave as.jpg

Save and the following comesAccess to.jpg

Where did I go off the rails?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2018 0
May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not go off the rails. The hosts file is very important and many viral attacks attempt to change the contents of the file. It is the security patch that stops you from changing the file.

If I remember correctly,

1. save the changed file to another name, e.g. myhosts.
  2. delete the original hosts file
  3. rename myhosts to hosts

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am extremely nervous if I have to delete what seems to be an important page.

hosts.jpg

The "hosts" file you included 11/5 looks different from what I show above.

Just to make absolutely sure I do it correctly. 

Provided my file works the same as yours, despite having a different contents, if / when I delete the hosts file, do I then copy the saved "hosts" file into the above file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2018 0
May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Green+and+Blue  a écrit

I am extremely nervous if I have to delete what seems to be an important page.

don't you have any backup files  somewhere , just in case ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2018 1
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way that I edit the hosts file in Windows 10 is as follows:

1. From the Start menu, locate Notepad (it's in Windows > Accessories), right-click, and select More > Run as Administrator.
  2. When prompted about wanting to allow the app to make changes, click Yes.
  3. Select File > Open.
  4. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
  5. At the bottom-right of the Open dialog box, change Text Documents (*.txt) to All Files (*.*)
  6. Select hosts from the list, and click Open.
  7. You can now make changes to the file and save them.
  8. If you're worried about making mistakes, save a copy of the file (File > Save As) under a different name first.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2018 2
New Here ,
May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hosts - wordPad access denied.jpg

Sorry to be a pain to all you good people. Your thoughts are much appreciated. Before I saved a screenshot, not the file. When trying to safe the file I get the above, so where to from here?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2018 0