• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 2017 named anchors

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that "insert named anchor" has unfortunately been removed and you are supped to link to element IDs but that doesn't help if you want to link to a word that is in the middle of a long paragraph and not a stand alone title or header. It will end up linking to the paragraph or div tag that the word is in and which might not be near the word.  Are there any shortcuts for this or will I just need to write in code what used to be fast and easy. Perhaps I should try to make a snippet?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

To wrap the "anchor" text you want, in a set of <span> tags with an id, in CC 2017.5...

1. Highlight the text you want to jump to in Design View
2. Right click the highlighted text

3. Choose Wrap Tag... from the pop up menu
4. Type span in the text box that appears

5. Hit Enter twice

6. In the Properties window, add a unique id in the Id field

You will then be able to link to that id using # and the id in the link field.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try

<a href="#shortcuts">My Shortcuts</a>

<p>I know that "insert named anchor" has unfortunately been removed and you are supped to link to element IDs but that doesn't help if you want to link to a word that is in the middle of a long paragraph and not a stand alone title or header. It will end up linking to the paragraph or div tag that the word is in and which might not be near the word.  Are there any <span id="shortcuts">shortcuts</span> for this or will I just need to write in code what used to be fast and easy. Perhaps I should try to make a snippet?</p>

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<span id="shortcut1">Shortcut1</span>

<span id="shortcut2">Shortcut2</span>

etc...

I have no idea how these will line up on various displays.  That may vary depending on how much text occurs between shortcuts & the end user's viewport size.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To wrap the "anchor" text you want, in a set of <span> tags with an id, in CC 2017.5...

1. Highlight the text you want to jump to in Design View
2. Right click the highlighted text

3. Choose Wrap Tag... from the pop up menu
4. Type span in the text box that appears

5. Hit Enter twice

6. In the Properties window, add a unique id in the Id field

You will then be able to link to that id using # and the id in the link field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I knew I could wrap it with span tags but writing that out in code took as long as writing out name= in code. From the top menu I could only wrap with div tags although I thought I used to be able to wrap with span tags from there. This will be faster than writing with code on a page with many anchors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I don't understsand though is why the right-click only brings up "wrap tag" in design view and gives you a box you can type in the word span.  When I right-click the same highlighted word in code I don't get that option. From the favorites bar if I hit the div icon and wrap it will wrap a div but around but not a span and I see no box I can type span in.  How would one do this from the top menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume by "top menu" that you have your Insert window turned into a toolbar across the top of your screen.

<span> isn't an available option from the Insert window/toolbar, unfortunately there's no button to hit.

Aside from hand coding the tag around your "anchor" text, the above is the fastest way I know of that uses the DW CC2017.5 interface. I believe Wrap Tag might have been available from the Code View window in previous versions, but it's not part of the right click context menu anymore.

You can make Bug Reports/Feature Requests through DW's Help menu though. If enough people vote for it, it could be added by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that is what I meant. I will make a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines