• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 2017 Sharing Violation

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Dreamweaver CC 2017 two days ago. Since then, at some point during each day, when I open a file, I get a message that says something like this:

Encountered a sharing violation while accessing C:\Users\<myusername>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2017\en_US\Configuration\Temp\DownloadCache\RPH1877.css.

The actual file cited at the end varies, but the path is always the same. I have tried renaming or deleting both the Temp and DownloadCache folders, but it does not solve the problem. I've reviewed several older posts that suggested solutions from not allowing Windows Explorer to index the content of files to turning off Details Pane, but none of these have worked. I have also closed my browser and ensured that no processes were running to make sure that wasn't the issue, as it apparently was for one person in the past.

I'm pretty close to reverting to a previous version of the software. Does anyone have any idea why the software might be doing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Since these are temporary cache files, I deleted the file and allowed Dreamweaver to recreate them. It appears to have resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Event Viewer in Windows. There you can see what causes the clash.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That actually appears to have no information about this whatsoever. Does anyone else have any ideas? I can't put up with this much longer without bailing on the 2017 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran across this exact problem, and what I did to correct it is to have DreamWeaver run as an admin. This may well not be the ideal way to correct the situation, but it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this issue now but nothing mentioned here has worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not enough information. Can you please elaborate?

• Version of Dreamweaver
  • Operating system
  • Workflow
  • Error messages
  • Types of files, etc...
Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, For me this happens on save. Nothing to do with upload. Has anyone else come across this?

• Version of Dreamweaver
    • CC 18.0 | 10136 Build
  • Operating system
  • Win 10 Pro
  • Workflow
    • Edit CSS -> ctrl-s -> error -> file is deleted by DW -> press ctrl-s again -> Save new file window appears -> tmp file is found in same folder.
  • Error messages
  • Types of files, etc...
    • editing CSS file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I've never encountered that error message.

Where is your local site folder stored?  Ideally it should be on your primary hard drive the same as DW & your operating system.   Example, C:\MyTestSite\

CC-localsite.jpg

In addition, your OS user account should have full admin level permissions so you can save files on the HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting. I have encountered this issue while using CDN in bootstrap pages.

Are you using Bootstrap documents in your site and encountering this issue.

Thanks

Kratika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kratika & Nancy,

Answering Nancy:

My dev folder, is a network drive on gigabit network as it has been in the past 3 years I've used DW.

Developing on my c:/ drive is just not a great idea for my use case with almost 100 + sites connected in my DW, alongside back ups, i would run out of space. I can't see that being a good best practice. Especially in a corporate environment, such as mine.

Can confirm I have read, write, perms. Nothing has changed bar DW version, and the latest Windows Updates.

Answering Kratika:

Currently it's only happening with saving CSS files. And as I primarily use Zurb's Foundation, i can't say in my case its bootstrap related, sorry.

- Ive just started another days work, so i'll keep tabs and see if the overnight restart did anything.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update, Now happening with .tpl , .html and .css files. as well. Not stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the same problems with previous versions like DW 2017 or 2015?

CC-DesktopApp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't in the past no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not had the problem in a while.  I never used previous versions of DW.  Thanks for the tip to update on Creative Cloud.  I will do it if problems comes up again.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same 'sharing violation' message recently.  I posted the problem and received no solutions prior to searching and finding your post.  I seemed to have resolved my problem.  Which, I believe was caused by a combination of saving and putting files to the server and using FileZilla also to transfer changed files to the same.  I messed around doing both to update files the on server and then reloading the index file in DW; which for now has fixed the problem.  Using the DW 'put' command is slower than updating changed files with a FileZilla transfer; but, I believe the "put" command checks all links each time.  It would be nice to hear more about this issue from experts.....thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue, and I'm not actually editing the css file that it complains about.  But I'm using sccs, and it's the automagic compilation of scss to css that creates a sharing violation with the css.  Dreamweaver doesn't like the css file being open for editing and also being occasionally updated when I save my sccs file.  And this is even though I DON'T have the css open as a separate file, but only visible as a dependent (i.e. "related") file. 

So, what seems to fix if for me is clicking on the "filter related files" feature and making sure that the css file does not exist as a file I could view as a tab.  That won't help you, if you need to actually edit css directly. I can only suggest doing the same filter thing, editing your css as a separate file (not a tab alongside your source), and closing that editing session when it complains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since these are temporary cache files, I deleted the file and allowed Dreamweaver to recreate them. It appears to have resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines