Highlighted

Dreamweaver 2018 browser preview broken.

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Dreamweaver 18 and the browser preview is broke. Most of the time it sits spinning and nothing shows. I close retry and sometimes it previews, but none of the links work. I try again and sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't

WTH?? This is a vital tool, so why was it broken, or even messed with when it worked before?

So i'm now repeatedly trying to fix it, and I have no idea if it's my code, or the preview. SO I have to open the file FROM THE ACTUAL BROWSER. Then it works, but it adds a whole series of steps which is stupid.

Any fixes or similar issues?

Mac OS x El capitan.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver 2018 browser preview broken.

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Dreamweaver 18 and the browser preview is broke. Most of the time it sits spinning and nothing shows. I close retry and sometimes it previews, but none of the links work. I try again and sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't

WTH?? This is a vital tool, so why was it broken, or even messed with when it worked before?

So i'm now repeatedly trying to fix it, and I have no idea if it's my code, or the preview. SO I have to open the file FROM THE ACTUAL BROWSER. Then it works, but it adds a whole series of steps which is stupid.

Any fixes or similar issues?

Mac OS x El capitan.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 28, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW 2018 is horribly Slow and a lemon. Come on "Live view" by default, which SLOWS DOWN the entire program. Clicking and waiting 4 or 5 seconds for something to happen is beyond stupid. This is with 32GB of ram , 4GHz i7 too.

I reverted back to 2017. '18 should never have been released. When you guys at Adobe fix it, i will try again, but the "Live view" on by default is the first thing to go. Tell me how to stop that.

Then the links not working in the browser preview???  Previewing in the browser is the most important thing incase you didn't know that. Right now it doesn't work

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use right-click > Open in Browser.  It's auto reflexive for me now.  I don't even think about it. CC-Preview-in-browser.jpg

I'm not experiencing slowness on my Win10, 64-bit system.   My site folders are all on my primary hard drive  -- not networked or externals.  And my OS's Energy Saving Sleep Mode is turned off.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2017 1