Highlighted

Dreamweaver 2018 does not search custom file extensions

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sites that use a custom php extension ".phpinc".

Dreamweaver 2018 does not search files that end in .phpinc even though I have added the extension in the Extensions.txt and MMDocumentTypes.xml files.

Does anyone have a solution?

Community Beginner
Correct answer by Jim134 | Community Beginner

I found the problem. When I upgraded from 2017 to 2018 the files were not copied to the C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2018\en_US\Configuration\ directory

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver 2018 does not search custom file extensions

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sites that use a custom php extension ".phpinc".

Dreamweaver 2018 does not search files that end in .phpinc even though I have added the extension in the Extensions.txt and MMDocumentTypes.xml files.

Does anyone have a solution?

Community Beginner
Correct answer by Jim134 | Community Beginner

I found the problem. When I upgraded from 2017 to 2018 the files were not copied to the C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2018\en_US\Configuration\ directory

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 17, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For people that want to know how to do this, follow this link.

Add or edit recognized file extensions in Dreamweaver

On windows the files are located here;

• MMDocumentTypes :: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2018\en_US\Configuration\DocumentTypes\
  • Extensions :: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2018\en_US\Configuration\

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2018 0