• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 2018 - Folded Code Keeps Expanding

New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an "average" Dreamweaver user, just switched over from CS6 to Dreamweaver CC 2018. Working on a Mac OS 10.11

In CS6, I was able to collapse (fold) code chunks and - unless I switched to a different computer to work on the same file - they would stay collapsed any time I opened the file. More importantly, they stay collapsed while I was working in that file - allowing me to cut and re-order code without anything popping open. They would only open if I targeted content within the collapsed code, but would collapse again when selecting a different target.

Now, in CC 2018, I've collapsed code numerous times yet they pop back open at seemingly random times. Sometimes the collapsed code would "screw up" in that one or two lines would come out of the block while the rest remained collapsed. I have been able to force code to pop open simply by adding a line above the collapsed code. It seems that any time I edit content code pops open below and sometimes above.

I've tried Split Design and Split Live View modes, I've tried Code View mode only, I've tried code that doesn't contain errors or warnings, I've also tried modifying the minimum number of lines for folding code and selected lines manually rather than by tag.

Wondering if this is a bug, or some simple preferences check box I'm missing. Seems dumb to have collapsible code option that doesn't stay collapsed when working within the file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Follow up - After posting my issue / question, Dreamweaver freaked out on me - expanding and collapsing code automatically over and over again, regardless of what I clicked on. It couldn't make up it's mind.

So, quit Dreamweaver, re-opened it, everything seems to be working fine now. Code collapses and stays collapsed.

Apparently my issue was just Dreamweaver being buggy. But, please comment if you have experienced this issue or know if there are ways to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up - After posting my issue / question, Dreamweaver freaked out on me - expanding and collapsing code automatically over and over again, regardless of what I clicked on. It couldn't make up it's mind.

So, quit Dreamweaver, re-opened it, everything seems to be working fine now. Code collapses and stays collapsed.

Apparently my issue was just Dreamweaver being buggy. But, please comment if you have experienced this issue or know if there are ways to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DW 2018 went spastic on you .

2018 does that sometimes.  Usually a restart will fix the problem or sometimes you need to Restore Preferences.    Glad it's working again.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines