• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 2018 interface problems

Participant ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several annoying problems/bugs with the behaviour of Dreamweaver 2018 interface (do they actually test these things before release?).  I often work on two parallel files at once in tiled panels occupying half screen width. In DW CC2017 this was simple. In DW CC2018 the file view panel automatically docks to full screen width and refuses remember if I change it to "tile". Resizing and moving file (code/design) panels is horrible because whenever I move or adjust them the contents go black, which is visually and mentally jarring. (Do you have UX people at Adobe or just coders concerned with functionality?). If I open a second file it creates multiple nested tabs at full width, where DW2017 simply created a new tile/panel to fit the remaining available screen space. I have to break them up and rearrange them every time I open a new file. Then they all try to auto dock at full screen if I move them anywhere near to top of the panel - a behaviour I find very disruptive. I can't find any option to turn that off. I've reloaded DW2017 which does simply what I want with panel arrangement, stays there, conforms to that arrangement when new files are opened and remembers it whenever DW is launched . As ever, 'upgrades' seem to downgrade user experience until enough people complain and usability and choice are restored!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

You seem to have missed the point that new files automatically, always and only open in tabbed view with no means to override this. If this is something that was foisted on Mac users and now seemed like a good idea to impose on Windows users, then all I can say is that a nasty and retrograde UX feature. Or is it a bug that's being ignored?

P.S. The remark about "time crunch" and therefore launching unfinished and buggy software is very revealing about what goes on at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cynglas,

I'm opening files in both 2017 and 2018 and the behavior is the same. If I already have 2 documents open and go to Window > Arrange > Tile, the documents show in a 2-up format. If I have 4 documents open that are tabbed, the tile arrangement gives me 4 quadrants.

If you are saying that opening new files while in a Tiled view reverts everything back to full-width tabbed view, that sounds like a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cynglas,

In CC 2018 we have removed tile-horizontally and vertically and retained Tiling multiple documents on Windows. This behavior is same as we had in Mac since CC 2017. Now to work on multiple documents side by side you can simply undock a document and park it out of DW window and have other documents open in DW. More details are available

New features summary for the 2018 releases of Dreamweaver CC

Let us know if you have more questions on this.

~Lalita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How incredibly inconvenient to have to "undock and park things outside Dreamweaver"! I work at full screen on a single monitor. I have to manually break the automatic tabbed docking and fiddle around resizing windows and moving panels around every single time I open new documents which  is frequent when editing a large site. Why can't Dreamweaver remember my choice and stick to it? User choice is being removed yet again. I can't see any mention of this in the release notes BTW. Sigh ... I'll stick to CC2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, does this happen even with your custom workspace?

How to customize the Dreamweaver workspace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only create a custom interface from the available options, and since the options have been removed to do what CC2017 allowed, the answer is no. If I set things how I want and save the current view and then open a new file it still tabs it and needs to be broken up and re-positioned again. Even using the more limited tile or cascade options that are available, it still tabs things whenever a new file is opened. Add to this the fact that file panels go black/blank whenever they are moved and the whole interface now feels makeshift, fragile, clunky and intrusive, whereas the previous versions was rock solid and far more user friendly.

On further reading of the link you give about customizing the interface, what this seems to come down to is that Mac users used to have an option to open new files in a combine as tabs view by default. What has happened now is that Windows users have the open in combined tab view imposed on them with no option to change it. (That and the distracting panel blanking whenever they are moved).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cynglas,

With DW CC 2018, we actually have got same behavior as Mac on Windows. That's why you see similar menu options for tiling on Windows as Mac.

Panel getting blank on dragging is known issue but due to time crunch we could not address this but we will prioritize this for fixing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to have missed the point that new files automatically, always and only open in tabbed view with no means to override this. If this is something that was foisted on Mac users and now seemed like a good idea to impose on Windows users, then all I can say is that a nasty and retrograde UX feature. Or is it a bug that's being ignored?

P.S. The remark about "time crunch" and therefore launching unfinished and buggy software is very revealing about what goes on at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try one more time as this thread seems to have been diverted to another topic and my issue has not been answered by the responses above. My question is now very simple:

Is there a way to prevent Dreamweaver CC 2018 opening files in tabbed view? Yes or No, and if Yes, how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

cynglas

I'm not apologising for the changes in Dw, and the answer is 'NO' there is no setting.

What you have to remember is that no one in these forums have any say in Dw development, except in the most basic way, (does it work or not) and we cannot get anything changed back to how it used to work. All that will happen is that anyone with an Adobe staff badge, may provide feedback to the Dw team.

You will probably be told to drop back to an earlier version of Dw, if you do not like the latest version, and to file a 'feature request' as it is not a bug, (just a change of behaviour). Both are unacceptable to most users but that is all we can offer, as we have as much say as yourself in how Dw works, (none).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another disaster like printing in Acrobat 11. I cannot do simple updates on a pate in DW 18. You know, select an item, do a carriage return and create a paragraph in which you insert a link, in this case, from Vimeo whereby you highlight the text, paste the link code in, assign a class to the link and then retype the link with the text you want. This takes 30 seconds in DW 17, it now takes, if I can get access to the location of said link as DW 18 goes to the BOTTOM OF THE COLLUM of the page. [removed by Mod], what is wrong with you people regarding interface? You broke the app!!! Years ago, Adobe knew what designers want. Now, you guys are screwing up big time. Get your heads out of your butts and fix this!!! Anger does not begin to describe just how stupid this violation of front end design is from someone who knows design and front end at a fairly high level. FIX THIS CRAP NOW!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that you are frustrated, so I will take no notice of your rant. Please note that this is a user2user forum. Occasionally an Adobe staff member will pop in to help out.

This original question has already been answered and as the answer has not helped you, your problem must therefore be of a different nature. It would have helped us if you had started a new discussion. Now that we are here, I will try to replicate what you are doing to see where the problem lies.

Assuming that you are working in Design view, I add a carriage return and create a paragraph

Making sure that I have selected the paragraph, I add a Hyperlink and insert the relevant info into the pop-up.

Click OK and this is the result

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines