Highlighted

Dreamweaver 2018 Won't Start

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'm running a windows 10 machine with the latest Creator's update. I had an issue a week ago or so where I had a website stored in my onedrive and when I opened Dreamweaver it started to hang because not all the files in the website had been synced yet. I ended up having to end the task and let the files finish syncing before opening.

However, since then I have not been able to open Dreamweaver. When I open it nothing happens. If I go into task manager I see a process for it and node.js, but nothing ever appears on screen. I've uninstalled Dreamweaver and removed all the settings and reinstalled and it didn't fix the issue. After that I completely uninstalled all Creative Cloud apps and ran the Adobe Cleaner software to remove everything Adobe related from my Machine. I then deleted every single adobe folder frommy AppData folder, my ProgramData folder, and even My Documents.

I resinstalled Creative Cloud, Photoshop and Dreamweaver. Photoshop booted fine, as usual, but Dreamweaver still refuses to boot. At this point I have no idea what to do. I don't see how completely removing Creative Cloud and all files associated with it can fail to fix this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver 2018 Won't Start

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'm running a windows 10 machine with the latest Creator's update. I had an issue a week ago or so where I had a website stored in my onedrive and when I opened Dreamweaver it started to hang because not all the files in the website had been synced yet. I ended up having to end the task and let the files finish syncing before opening.

However, since then I have not been able to open Dreamweaver. When I open it nothing happens. If I go into task manager I see a process for it and node.js, but nothing ever appears on screen. I've uninstalled Dreamweaver and removed all the settings and reinstalled and it didn't fix the issue. After that I completely uninstalled all Creative Cloud apps and ran the Adobe Cleaner software to remove everything Adobe related from my Machine. I then deleted every single adobe folder frommy AppData folder, my ProgramData folder, and even My Documents.

I resinstalled Creative Cloud, Photoshop and Dreamweaver. Photoshop booted fine, as usual, but Dreamweaver still refuses to boot. At this point I have no idea what to do. I don't see how completely removing Creative Cloud and all files associated with it can fail to fix this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 30, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please see steps in below link, if it helps:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kratika,

I've already followed those steps. As mentioned above I did a complete uninstall and clean of creative cloud from my system.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send your Adobe ID, location, phone number, and the URL of this post to me over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try right-click and launching DW as an Administrator?

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2017 1
Preran LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try Nancy's suggestion? Do you still require assistance?

Thanks,Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having these kind of problems for years now. I got stuck to 2017 eventually, because settings were not transfered to 2018!!! I took it that 2017 was not starting at once, I had to restart my laptop a few times before 2017 woke up.

Yesterday, I decided to go for 2018, since 2017 now failed to start up, for the 1000th time, but now it really stayed down.

Now today, all the sudden, in the middle of a download of a few files via FTP, 2018 stopped and there is no way to start it again. I have tried everything.

In the past, for CC2016, I even sent your technicians a solution to build in against problems like this (look it up in the forums). To point out that I know what I'm doing. It did only work in 2016, it seems. But now I'm completely lost. It's a returning issue on several laptops and several WIndows versions.

Tell me, why should I pay so much for this "product"? Dreamweaver is the main tool for me, next to Fireworks, but those are the most neglected tools in the whole range of Adobe.

Are you people aware of the problems you create, for small business owners in particular because all the sudden they lose a day or two? It doesn't look like you give it any priority, since the problems remain and many people are mentioning it. Can you elevate the issue so it will be solved in a near future.

Meanwhile I guess I have to go look for other tools.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a corrupt installation. 

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2018 1