• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 2018Does the code mistake seem to be missing?

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GAL]YNW$}H@RXQW1)JCP941.pngHere, my else is obviously wrong, but there's no hint in the 2018 version.C9(_TVLH6FKW`K6FHPH%ZTC.pngAnd in 2017, there is a clear hint.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Yes, CC2018 has Linting in HTML and CSS files that will show whichever errors it is set to display as red line numbers in Code View.

You can verify it is turned on under Edit > Preferences > Linting > make sure "Enable Linting" is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a forum for Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Linting in DW CC2018 only fires after saving. If you haven't saved the file there, it won't alert you to errors and inconsistencies.

In earlier versions it fired on open, change and save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the 2018 version have this function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, CC2018 has Linting in HTML and CSS files that will show whichever errors it is set to display as red line numbers in Code View.

You can verify it is turned on under Edit > Preferences > Linting > make sure "Enable Linting" is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked for it and found that I had opened the examination, but my obvious mistake was still unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ZXP(()]`C1BBQ1]9~J8G4LK.pngLook, I've set it up make sure "Enable Linting" is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My CC2018 no longer recognizes any error with your code either.

The Linter in DW is extremely limited in the errors/inconsistencies it actually shows.

My guess is, something that was set to "true" in the previous version's Linter is now defaulted to "false" in CC2018. It may be worthwhile to compare the two files to see if there is a difference that's easily changed, but it's probably better to just use online javascript validation tools than DW to warn you about .js errors.

I haven't used Linting for anything since it was added to DW and told me "double quotes are required on html attributes".

I turned it off a long time ago and stick with W3C validation tools for html and css and JSLint for javascipt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines