• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 2019.0.1 Remote syncronization.

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem with DW ever since the release of DW 2019. I have called tech support and have not had the issue resolved.

DW 2018.2 works just fine I can change files and connect to the FTP server and synchronize all changed files. I can try the same thing with DW 2019 and it goes through the motions, but never finds the changed files and does not upload any files. This problem is not machine dependent. It happens on 4 different computers.

I have rebuilt my Surface Pro IV from a fresh install of Windows 10. Installed all the Adobe apps fresh and the problem persists.

Very frustrated, India support told me that the new way to upload file to my server is to do it manually! I give up, no one seems to care.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

I care .

Seriously thuogh, I never use file synchronization.  It's a mixed bag of tricks that can go seriously wrong for a whole host of reasons.  Mainly,  I work with files locally that are not ready to go live until I say so.   I also keep  files on my remote server that I never want in my local site folder -- .htaccess is one. 

To upload an open file, I use Ctrl+Shift+U.

Or right-click on local site folder and Select > Recently Modified. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I care .

Seriously thuogh, I never use file synchronization.  It's a mixed bag of tricks that can go seriously wrong for a whole host of reasons.  Mainly,  I work with files locally that are not ready to go live until I say so.   I also keep  files on my remote server that I never want in my local site folder -- .htaccess is one. 

To upload an open file, I use Ctrl+Shift+U.

Or right-click on local site folder and Select > Recently Modified. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't work the way you work apparently. I have sites that I modify several files at a time. In DW 2018 I could just sync with "put newer files". I never use "get and put" That way I don't get all of the server files etc. I, like you, don't need them at the local level.

I can see that your method works, but  requires more effort and time on my part for the same result. In DW 2018, I connect to the server, hit the sync button, choose new files and preview to see only changed files, then OK.

Your method requires a right click on the site folder, mouse to select mouse to recently modified and click. Then choose the number of days, and OK. You then wait for something to happen, since there is no indication it is doing any thing except the twirling cursor. I am then presented with my whole file directory with files highlighted that I can then review. If I'm satisfied I click the upload button. If Later in the day I change another few files, all of the files show up that were changed, even if they were already uploaded.

Your Method is a good workaround, but for me, it is not efficient, and doesn't compare my local files with the server files. I just want it to work the way it is documented for DW 2019 & the way it has always worked until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Restoring Preferences.

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Failing that, Submit Bug Report from the Help menu and revert to 2018. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

we are happy to inform you that we have addressed this bug in our latest Prerelease drop.

https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/dwalpha/discussion/399/dreamweaver-build-15081-is-now-available/p...

Please join our prerelease program try out this build and let us know if your issue is resolved.

Thanks
Kratika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines