Highlighted

Dreamweaver 2020 and databases issue

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've used DW many years ago and had the ability to create a database connection and create recordsets and login pages and lists of things etc.

I was suprised to find that I cannot do this in the newest version.

I have installed a version of DW Next that claims to have the ability but I'm getting errors everywhere.

I have been able to connect to my database, but I cannot create a login page.

I'm getting this error

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function real_escape_string() on null in

for this line: $theValue = $db->real_escape_string($theValue);

<?php
if (!function_exists("GetSQLValueString")) {
function GetSQLValueString($theValue, $theType, $theDefinedValue = "", $theNotDefinedValue = "")
{
if (PHP_VERSION < 6) {
$theValue = get_magic_quotes_gpc() ? stripslashes($theValue) : $theValue;
}

$theValue = $db->real_escape_string($theValue);

Have I installed something wrong?

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver 2020 and databases issue

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've used DW many years ago and had the ability to create a database connection and create recordsets and login pages and lists of things etc.

I was suprised to find that I cannot do this in the newest version.

I have installed a version of DW Next that claims to have the ability but I'm getting errors everywhere.

I have been able to connect to my database, but I cannot create a login page.

I'm getting this error

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function real_escape_string() on null in

for this line: $theValue = $db->real_escape_string($theValue);

<?php
if (!function_exists("GetSQLValueString")) {
function GetSQLValueString($theValue, $theType, $theDefinedValue = "", $theNotDefinedValue = "")
{
if (PHP_VERSION < 6) {
$theValue = get_magic_quotes_gpc() ? stripslashes($theValue) : $theValue;
}

$theValue = $db->real_escape_string($theValue);

Have I installed something wrong?

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Dreamweaver Next?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

It's a Beta version of the current 2020 build but with the database functions added back in.

Take a look at this link:

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/9EB451B5-D2E8-46E5-AFA2-78C85442FFA2#

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I see.  You should never use PRE-RELEASE versions for production work.  They are rarely complete products and only for testing and evaluation purposes.  Furthermore, we cannot discuss pre-release versions in the the public forum.  Sorry.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bring Pre-release questions to the Pre-release forum:

https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/dwalpha/categories/general 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok got it, I understand.

So is there another way I can get database connectivity via a plugin or anything on the current working version of DW?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The deprecated server behavior panels were removed from DW because they are outdated and not secure. There are some commercial extensions you can buy from WebAssist and DMX Zone.   Or you could use Wappler.  Or you could do what many of us do and code manually.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @catalepticstate,

Thanks for trying out the latest prerelease build which provides support for Databases &Server behaviors PHP 7.x and 5.x versions with MySQLi driver. As Nancy and Jon mentioned, this is not the right forum for discussing prerelease builds. Hence please write your queries at https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/dwalpha/categories/general .

The issue which you mention is a known issue and the same is being investigated at our end. Fix will soon be available in future prerelease builds. Below is the work-around for the same.

Workaround: Comment the line where real_escape_string($theValue) exists within the function GetSQLValueString()

Also, we do not recommend using Prerelease builds for production work since these builds are in testing phase.

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 1