• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 2020 no longer showing Server Behavior Extension

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I upgraded my Dreamweaver version to 2020, and suddenly I am unable to use the Server Behaviors extension--it's gone from my Window menu. If I go down to Extensions, it says, "No extensions available". My other computer that still has version 2019 still has Server Behaviors, so what happened to 2020? I would hate to lose the extension, especially since that functionality isn't built in to Dreamweaver anymore (which was an enormous mistake in my opinion; it was one of the best tools Dreamweaver had).

(Yes, I know MySQL is technically depricated, but I have an app that will convert the Dreamweaver code to MySQLi. I just hate that Adobe basically abandoned what was probably the best part about its web software.)

TOPICS
Code , Extensions , Product issue , Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

I have good news! On a whim, I uninstalled and reinstalled Dreamweaver 2020, and the server behaviors extension was back! Not sure what goofed it up the first time. Thanks for all of your help, everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you upgrade to a new version, you must also install your 3rd party extensions in that version.  Use the Extension Manager you used last time.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to re-install with the Adobe Extension Manager, but it keeps giving an error message that I must be using Dreamweaver 13 or higher to install the extension. I'm using version 20.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had a look at http://www.webassist.com/forums/posts.php?id=44409

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually using this extension: https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.details.1315.server-behavior-database.html. But, yes, I did restart Dreamweaver several times, and the extension still does not appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the creative cloud app settings > apps  ... what default install language setting do you have? Reason I ask is because if you do NOT have English (North Amecian) set, it can cause problems with extensions installing from the Adobe exchange:

creative_cloud_app_lang.jpg

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... also if you install the DMXZone extension manager they have an option to install the old server behaviors panel without the need to use the Adobe Exchange

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have good news! On a whim, I uninstalled and reinstalled Dreamweaver 2020, and the server behaviors extension was back! Not sure what goofed it up the first time. Thanks for all of your help, everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines