• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 3 errors on new PC [Edited for brevity]

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a old but useful family history web site on Dream Weaver 3 - transferred the whole site to another PC and cannot now access the TEXT TAB - message I am receiving is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Macromedia\Dreamweaver3\Configuration\Menus/MM/Text_Style.htm was not found

Can anyone offer a solution.  The text tab is still available on the old PC along with all three object banners - but only one appears on the latest PC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

DW 3 was released in late 1999.  Ultra Dev came out  6 months later.  If you're trying to use 20 year old software on a modern OS, I'm very sorry but the only suggestion I can offer is to keep using DW on the old PC.  Or replace DW with a modern code editor.   Below are links to a couple of free ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW 3 was released in late 1999.  Ultra Dev came out  6 months later.  If you're trying to use 20 year old software on a modern OS, I'm very sorry but the only suggestion I can offer is to keep using DW on the old PC.  Or replace DW with a modern code editor.   Below are links to a couple of free ones.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perhaps try to install a virtual machine using the appropriate OS to DW3... then it should get back as stuff was...

virtual machine is free, just the OS need licence, but that shouldn't be the problem, becasue you already have it (from the old computer)

this VM is really usefull and functionnal Oracle VM VirtualBox

and one tuto...

6.3. Creating a New Virtual Machine in VirtualBox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finding an older Windows OS might be impossible.  I don't think Win 98 or 2000 exist anymore.   Even Windows XP is a problem  because it's no longer supported.   I cannot say for sure that DW3 would work on Win7 or higher.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines