Highlighted

Dreamweaver 5.5 on Windows 10 - can't make it work

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried following and the Dreamweaver 5.5 on Windows 10 is not working properly. It's still freezing, lagging or not responding for 30 or more seconds. It's completely unusable.

1. I uninstalled Dreamweaver and made a clean install - nothing has changed
  2. I tried sfc /scannow in command line - no errors have been found (Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.)
  3. I tried to run Dreaweaver in Windows 7 and Vista compatibility mode - it doesn't make any difference

Do you have any other ideas how to make it work on Windows 10? Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver 5.5 on Windows 10 - can't make it work

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried following and the Dreamweaver 5.5 on Windows 10 is not working properly. It's still freezing, lagging or not responding for 30 or more seconds. It's completely unusable.

1. I uninstalled Dreamweaver and made a clean install - nothing has changed
  2. I tried sfc /scannow in command line - no errors have been found (Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.)
  3. I tried to run Dreaweaver in Windows 7 and Vista compatibility mode - it doesn't make any difference

Do you have any other ideas how to make it work on Windows 10? Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only offering to remove Acrobat and Reader.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technically, CS5 and 5.5 are not certified to run on Win10.  However, most people have no trouble with it.  So that tells me something about your set-up is different from the rest.

• Do you have all the latest Windows updates?
  • Do you have energy saving Sleep Mode disabled in your OS settings?
  • Do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card from the manufacturer's website?
  • Which anti-virus software do you have?
  • Does your local site folder reside on your primary hard drive, the same HD as Windows10?
  • How big is your site (files)?
Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2017 1
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the problem is only if I open a file that links to other css and js files. In that case, the program freezes and doesn't respond - I can't even click inside the document for as long as 10-20 seconds. Then I can work for a moment but if I use another window (Browser for example) and then I click back to Dreamweaver than it freezes again and again ... If I open a blank HTML file it works fine.

I have the latest Windows updates. I don't use any anti-virus at the moment. My file folder is on my primary HDD. My screen should turn off after 10 minutes and the PC should go to sleep mode in 20 minutes.

I also have Adobe Design Standard CS4 and all programs work just fine. Adobe only suggested buying a new license that's all 😕

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2017 0