• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 5.5 wierd FTP issue

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background:  I recently had Apple service install a solid state drive on my MacBook Pro and reinstall OS Sierra.  Then I restored by machine from backup.

The next time I attempted to use Dreamweaver 5.5 to update some files on my host server:

(1) I can connect to the server

(2) I can list my files

(3) I can get (pull) files

(4) When I attempt to Put a file I get an error (file missing; no permission, reconnecting to server, etc)

Then it gets weird:

(1) If I connect through my neighbors WIFI connection everything works ok (Different Service Provider)

(2) If I connect through the hot-spot on my iPhone everything works ok (yet another Service Provider)

A Service Provider issue, right?  Unfortunately no; I just changed Service Providers to match my neighbors, still have the same problem as described .. if I switch back to my neighbors or my hot-spot all works again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Dennis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

I had a problem very, very similar to what you describe, years back. Everything connected and looked right until I tried to upload and received error after error. I could upload from basically any network but my own. I was also having issues with a very popular video game lagging and dropping me constantly.

A little research into the video game issue (much, much larger user-base) proved out to be a wireless router problem involving Netgear routers at the time, something about a hardware flaw. I r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you actually install CS5 like you're supposed to?  I ask because pulling programs from backups rarely works right.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download  CS5.5  -- you will need your product serial number.

Download Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 products

I should also mention that the legacy Creative Suite installers don't work as expected on Sierra.  You'll need the workaround described below.

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the great info on how to re-install in Sierra!

I did reinstall following your detailed directions, rebooted but unfortunately have the same issue.  My neighbors WIFI and also my hot-spot connections work ok (I can successfully PUT a file), however I still get time-outs, errors when I attempt to PUT a file using my new Service Provider (either WIFI or direct connection).  This is the same Service Provider as my neighbors; so I'm still a bit stumped here in NC.  ;-(

Thanks again for the idea!
Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe your ISP has some ideas. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you performed a speed test on your internet connection? Go to Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

The reason I ask is because after upgrading to a faster internet connection, my line speed actually went down. After a lot of testing, I decided to change the router channel and haven't looked back since.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a problem very, very similar to what you describe, years back. Everything connected and looked right until I tried to upload and received error after error. I could upload from basically any network but my own. I was also having issues with a very popular video game lagging and dropping me constantly.

A little research into the video game issue (much, much larger user-base) proved out to be a wireless router problem involving Netgear routers at the time, something about a hardware flaw. I replaced the old router to fix the video game and, as a happy side effect, it also fixed DW.

If your modem and router are separate pieces of hardware, you can test for router problems by connecting your computer directly to your modem and seeing if you can upload correctly that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines