• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver, after operating for a random interval stop saving file/code changes, but appears ok..

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The about screen for DW was confusing to me (it has numbers in 2 places) so I just screenshotted that and added it here to this post so you know which version I'm on.

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5

The subject pretty much describes the entire issue.  The only thing I'd add is that "appears ok" means the asterisks next to the file names/tabs appear when new changes appear and go away when I save the file, but when I actually open the file in other programs, or re-open DW the changes are lost!

How can I begin troubleshooting this?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your DW version is 20.1 build 15211, the same version I am using.

If Catalina is able to save files without errors, I don't understand why re-opening the same exact files from the same location are not retaining changes.  Does your local site folder reside on your primary hard drive (volume)?  Or is it residing on a networked or cloud drive?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked with my team and the folder is a local hard drive.  My next step is going to be to disconnect the laptop completely from the network and then try to recreate the problem.  If it still occurs I think we can rule that out.  I'll update you soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also turn off energy saving sleep mode (hibernation) in your OS settings.  It's a productivity killer.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines