Highlighted

Dreamweaver and .htaccess URL rewriting

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there was any way to make Dreamweaver recognize the .htaccess URL rewriting rules. The “problem” I run into is that when I write relative links inside my document (e.g. <a href="/about/">About</a>) Dreamweaver won't associate it to the file (about.html), and therefore it won't update the link (if I rename the file) and it won't be able to open the appended files. Am I missing some configuration in Dreamweaver? Or shoud I just go with it as I always did in other editors such as Atom or Sublime Text?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver and .htaccess URL rewriting

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there was any way to make Dreamweaver recognize the .htaccess URL rewriting rules. The “problem” I run into is that when I write relative links inside my document (e.g. <a href="/about/">About</a>) Dreamweaver won't associate it to the file (about.html), and therefore it won't update the link (if I rename the file) and it won't be able to open the appended files. Am I missing some configuration in Dreamweaver? Or shoud I just go with it as I always did in other editors such as Atom or Sublime Text?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 26, 2018 0

Have something to add?