• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver and MAC Keychain - turn off.

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Keychain on my MAC.

Dreamweaver CC 2018, keeps asking to save my FTP password and accessing keychain.

How can I turn this off?

thank you.

Mark Stothard MA ARPS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

You can't really shut off Keychain on a Mac.  It's built into the OS as far as I know and altering how keychain works would require changes to the OS which is outside of DW's realm. If you do not use the keychain there is no way for DW to save any of your passwords and you would need to type them in manually each time you connect.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver for Mac OS doesn't remember FTP details

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes Keychain comes up all the time and i dont need that and the password...can i shut it off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't really shut off Keychain on a Mac.  It's built into the OS as far as I know and altering how keychain works would require changes to the OS which is outside of DW's realm. If you do not use the keychain there is no way for DW to save any of your passwords and you would need to type them in manually each time you connect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines